• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vaccum pump for 6.2l

cucvrus

95010139 1997 Ford vacuum pump. Price please?

Rick price is228.77

No Sale. I will continue to look. Not desperate yet. I have several and want to keep my stock in check.

toxicroadkill

[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]simple solution to finding a vac pump for the cucv's
[/FONT][FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]friends 84 m1009 pump went south, after some research (looking at the neighbors ford), we found out the ford cordone [/FONT][FONT=&quot]# 90-1024 will fit perfectly.

the [/FONT]
[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]# 90-1024 is a pulley drive unit, however the vac module, is nearly identical to the chevy version, simply unbolt it from the ford unit, and bold the pod on the chevy unit, works perfect. actually works better than the stock one, since this ford unit has a dual feed for the vac (the extra hose), and the output nipple, is slightly angled to the passenger side. our local advance auto had it in stock using a discount code and a speed perk to order online, it came to like $60

[/FONT]

scottladdy

Vacuum Pump Alternatives

I'll start by stating I am NOT endorsing any of the approaches I am listing below. These are options I am exploring but have not yet tested. Proceed at your own risk :lol:

NAPA still lists two "rebuilt" pumps (call store for availability):
Delphi "DEM NLVP1697" - 1 year unlimited mileage warranty
NAPA Branded A1 Cardone "NVP 641201" - 1 year 18K mile warranty​

Usually the drive mechanism on these pumps (the tower/column) rarely fails. Changing out the pod as has been suggested seems to work for some. The "NLVP5041" seems to have a pod very similar with the inlet tube angled slightly off as it is intended to run on a Ford belt drive unit.

The pumps for similar year Chevy vans seem to have a similar pod again with the inlet angled farther off than the Ford unit, but I believe it would not provide any clearance issues. YMMV

As FYI - Delphi part no. for the pod only is/was POD1697. Does not appear to be stocked anywhere.

Now - here is what I am most likely to go with when my "distributor drive" pump(s) fail next time. Again, no warranty is implied since I have not tested this.

A newer electric vacuum pump technology has been on the market for some time. Instead of a noisy piston pump design these pumps utilize a rotary vane design which is much quieter. All vacuum assisted power brakes require a minimum of 18 inches mercury vacuum so all of these pumps "should" provide the approximately 20 inches we need for properly shifting our old girls.

There are several GM/Delco parts that "should" work. Examples are:
ACDelco 20939309
ACDelco 20804130​

Looks like GM is buying from Hella for these.

I would put together a kit like this one used for gasoline powered vehicles with aggressive cams:

"Fixing a Power Brake Problem Using An Electric Vacuum Pump"
"Master Power AC9001K"

Lastly, since the "distributor drive" is required to run the oil pump I would either replace it with a speed sensor only unit used on engines with a belt driven front mounted pump, or machine a block off plate to bolt up in place of the pod if the pod became noisy. I would leave it in place if not.

Last edited:

cucvrus

NAPA here could not find a pump anywhere. In Germany I hear they pay $400. for one. $350 euro. Welcome back to the site. Long time since I heard from you. Lots of toque rods and strut rods ago. Have a Great Day. I must go I have a stripper in the barn.

cucvrus

Rick,
There is no availability on either of those part numbers,even from the manufacturers.
Doug

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 6:34 AM, Engle, Rick
Delphi "DEM NLVP1697" - 1 year unlimitedmileage warranty
NAPA Branded A1 Cardone "NVP 641201" - 1 year 18K mile warranty

TM1008

Hello together

I have the same problem with the vacuum pump in my M1008.
Temporary i fixed the pump with Sikaflex, a glue for car windows and windowseals.
I open the case, clean all inside and roughened a little bit the damaged part with sandpaper.
Than i clean it with brake cleaner and distributed Sikaflex on the damaged area.
The membrane i sprayed with silicone spray so it stays flexible... i hope

It works again, but how long ?

So i look for a spare part too.... a shop in germany will 355 euro !!!! crank
Visually fit some vacuum pumps (i search on Rockauto), but they have the same hub and volume?
For example '82 Chevy Caprice or the G' Van with 6.2 diesel... but they all have a belt drive

Is there any vacuum pump that fits exactly and costs no assets?

Iceman3005

So Now I am in the market for one. Not because the vacuum pump died. Nope its pulling almost 30 inches at an idle. The problem is, that is making a bunch of grinding noises and moving around, literally moving around! Pretty sure the gear or something maybe a bearing is toast! Having a lot of problems finding one. Napa is dried up, amazon is dried up. hmmmm. this could get interesting.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Says for 6.2/6.5 Dunno about em but it Looks like a generic part. There on some on Ebay using 64-1201

TM1008

I repaired my pump.
With the help of this video:
https://youtu.be/Kh20qev5vyI

Since I did not have a bike patch, I roughened the area around the crack and then degreased it.
Then I lubricated Sikaflex from both sides, not too thick and not too thin.
Then let it dry and put back together the day after.
Works now for over 2 months.

Have a new vacuum pump, a friend has worried.
Unfortunately, I do not know which model this is ... because I think it will be cheaper than an original pump

Some pic's in my album, I hope you can see this pictures.
The stroke of the new pump has 13 millimeters

tbearatkin

NAPA had the vacuum pump. Now I need the gasket. Looks like I may have to make one. Will cork work for the gasket or is there some other material I should use to make this gasket?

richingalveston

get some gasket material and cut your own, probably save a lot of time. The parts guys behind the counter are not what they used to be. finding a parts guy with enough knowledge to look something like that up will be your biggest challenge. I would not use cork for that one, because you normally have to rotate it to get it in place and cork may tear to easily

tbearatkin

Thanks, I will check with the local carquest tomorrow. They still have some real parts counter guys that might find something in stock that will work. If not have no problems making my own. Then I will be rebuilding the old pump. I did get it to work for a couple days by putting a couple oz of seafoam in it thought maybe it might clean it without having to dismantle it. But after a couple days it was back to late shifting.

85CUCVtom

So what is the consensus on the pumps? Are they permanently discontinued or just on a mega long backorder? Kinda thinking I should pick one or two up for spares.

Last edited:

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The parts guys behind the counter are not what they used to be. finding a parts guy with enough knowledge to look something like that up will be your biggest challenge.
Amen to that--- I have been out of NJ for almost ten years now yet I still do regular business with a small parts shop in Old Bridge, NJ. Carl, the owner, is a real old school guy (the kind where you can show them a part and almost hear a rolodex clicking inside their head) with actual catalogs and not just a computer screen.

Z

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks