• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vaccum wiper motor fails to cycle

IMA944T

Replace one motor witth one bought from Browns and this one fails to cycle also. Old one wouldn't cycle unless button was reset but was also broke so I purchased this newer style one.My old one was different under cap than this one. Took it apart and blew into all holes and cleaned it. Oiled it with Marvel mystry oil and reinstalled but still only cycle to one side when aired. Rest button stays pushed in when pushed in. No amount of cleaning or lube solves this??? What it up?

IMA944T

Right side works great.Left (drivers side) is the one that will not cycle. Air switch is working great. As soon as air is turned on the wiper motor cycles to the right and stays. Can not cycle to left untill air is released from either removing air line or closing air switch.

TMNT

Are the wiper motors the ones with plastic bodies or metal?

I wrestled with similar issues on my deuce until I finally spent the money for the good motors with metal bodies from Erik's. They've been working flawlessly for many months.

budman67

Switch the motors left and right for now,see if it does the same thing.
I had an issue that my arm wouldn't park,so it would not start its cycle.
I switched the motors around and not issue anymore. It is worth a try,
only cost is time.

IMA944T

Only difference in motors are that one is older style (that works) I would like to know why the button sticks down and why they won't just reset like people say they do. There has to be a reason for the motor to not cycle.

machinist75

Mine does the exact same thing. The one that was in the truck would only go to one side then stop. I got another used one to swap out and the same thing. I will swap out the left and right and blow out all the lines and we will see what that does.

IMA944T

Shame on me for not testing it before installing. I did blow though all ports but after I installed it. I also oiled before I installed it a small amount and after I installed it, it was oiled again.

IMA944T

Is there a difference in duece wiper motors? I meant pressure instead of vaccum. I don't think there are any other motors available beside the elec conversion?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
No, I was pulling your leg. There are air motors, in plastic and aluminum and the electric conversion/upgrade.

TMNT

Absolutely agree. Erik is a good guy. I needed a diagram for the new style horn button and he emailed it to me in the middle of the night. On the weekend!

If you've got those plastic wiper motors, give up on them. They quickly warp out of round and either seize up or leak air past the piston and stop cycling. I tried everything and had limited and temporary success. I coughed up the $95 each for the good all-metal motors and I haven't had a problem with them in months.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks