• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vaccum wipers

Redpawn

I'm trying to get he wipers on the old m37 going and I can't find any rebuild kits for the old vaccum wiper motors.Most of the stuff in them looks reusable
but when I tok them apart the gaskets fell in to more pieces than all the kings men and the kings horses could put together agian.So does any one have one of the gaskets they could photo copy for me so I can cut some new ones out of gasket material?

Redpawn

I checked ebay and there when none there and I called vintage powerwagons and they said they had been out of them for a while.The guy also said the the gaskets where almost to the point of not being usable they where so old so most people just made copys of them on to new gasket material.

jepsonjj

Redpawn,

Try a search in Hemmings Motor News (classifieds). I think Rowlands Antique Auto Parts can help you (509)829-5026. Wiperman.com did mine, but I believe he quit doing wiper motors. I think the new rebuild kits that are available are made with modern materials and should last longer. It seems wiperman told me that he teflon coated the inside of the motors for better wear?

Good Luck,

Joe

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
does it really matter if they are vaccum or pressure? I have some off my 725 that work with pressure, originally designed for vaccum. As long as air gets through the system, what does the wiper care?

Capt.Marion

I dunno, Gimp, most of the stuff on the ole 3/4-ton seems to have been designed in the neolithic era... not sure that's compatible with compressed-air wipers.

...not that I don't love my M37, but you gotta admit.

Redpawn- You could also look into switching to 24v electric wipers... losta folks have done this before. I think there's something about it here

saddamsnightmare

September 25th, 2009.

Dear Redpawn:

Check with Desert Deuce, White Owl or Saturn Surplus, I do believe that if the mounting holes line up and the axle shaft is the same diameter, that a deuce air motor will work on vacuum, and I am pretty certain some of the guys here have those nasty plastic ones that you could try it out on. Also check with Snyder's Model "A" and "T" parts in New Springfield, OH, they may have the rebuild kits or complete units as the Model "A" wiper motors were Tri Co's too.

Good luck,

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
I dunno, Gimp, most of the stuff on the ole 3/4-ton seems to have been designed in the neolithic era... not sure that's compatible with compressed-air wipers.
It reallly doesn't matter. Air flow is what moves the paddle inside the housing. Whether it gets sucked or blown makes no difference. The only problem I can foresee with using compressed air to "blow" it is that too much air pressure will make them run too fast. As long as you have a regulated amount of air going through the motor, it should work. On the plus side, the wipers wouldn't slow down or stop when the engine is under a load.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks