• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vacuum pump touching firewall

Sp0okfish

I have put a new cab on my m1008 and with the new cab the vacuum pump is pressed pretty hard against the firewall I was wondering if you loosen the bottom bolt can the pump be turned without causing any damage.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can turn the pump 360 degrees. Just make sure it stays engaged with the oil pump shaft.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just make sure it stays engaged with the oil pump shaft.
so what happens if it does not stay engaged?
This should not be difficult to understand. The oil pump will not pump oil.

av8rnik

Sorry if that was not clear. I pulled mine out and am having some trouble getting it installed again. Looking for some input on how to get it back in without damaging anything. The TM just says basically to put it back in.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, I see.

The shaft has a slot in the end that fits into the drive shaft to the oil pump.

It will only engage into the slot in 2 positions.

The camshaft drives the pump which has several teeth, so it has several positions that those two parts can engage.

You can gently push down while turning the motor over to get the oil pump to engage.

You can also lift the pump out and attempt to pre align the slot at the end of the shaft to get it close.

The gear causes the shaft to turn slightly as it meshes with the camshaft gear teeth.

You'll feel it when it drops in all the way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks