• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vacuum Regulator Valve

Nowhereman

I replaced the vacuum regulator valve a few days ago on my M1008. Man what a world of difference it made, gears shift smoother, 1st gear shift at around 15 mph and 2nd at 30 mph. The old one was all gunked up looked like it might have been the original factory one. Here's the part # if anyone needs it ( AC DELCO # 14057219).

Westech

CPL
I have one new one left in my stash. It is strange how much better the CUCV shifts after replacing all the rubber lines and the TPS and trans modulator valve.
Being 25+ years old they gave up the ghost years ago.
Also check the vacuum pump

hoplite666

Glad to hear that. I had shifting issues of own. Turned out to be a kinked vacuum line. Still need to readjust the regulator though. As if now 2nd and third kick in way early.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a bunch of the valves available if anyone needs any.... pm for details......

Z