• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Valentines Day Deuce

brianrbull

Yes It stops the fuel there by shutting down the engine. I would recommend repairing it as using the clutch to stall your engine is a "Brutal" way to do it and will result in rapid clutch wear and possible driveline damage. I will be home in a week I can give you a hand with it then if you would like. I am going to be "Testing" my new 816(Wrecker),818(Tractor),1028(Contact Truck)'s when I get home......Should be a good time. got some decent hills "Out Back" and if we get stuck well....There is always the wrecker.....I am also PRAYING for a LOT of snow...........Anyone else from the GR area wanna play let me know

brianrbull

Oh I almost forgot....You DO NOT have a diesel engine.. It is a Compression engine though...You have entered into the world of Multi Fuel. That baby will run on almost anything....Gas,Diesel,Waste Oil, Veggie Oil....Hyd Fluid....Trans Fluid....Cat Urine....Well probably not the last but it will run on almost anything that will burn. There is plenty of info on this site as to the fuels that work. I can tell you from personal expeience that straight gasoline is not the best fuel for some reason it is hard on the head gaskets.....We did a LOT of them when I was in The Guard....Man I miss those days.
MIARNG 91-99
1072 Maint Co/ Co B 146 FSB Sturgis MI

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

You have entered into the world of Multi Fuel. That baby will run on almost anything....Gas,Diesel,Waste Oil, Veggie Oil....Hyd Fluid....Trans Fluid....Cat Urine....Well probably not the last but it will run on almost anything that will burn.

A friend of mine owns a tranny shop here in town, and said I could have all the used tranny fluid that I want. I just have to give him an empty barrel to replace the full one if I take it. He has a full 55gal. drum down there now for the taking.

If I filter the tranny fluid first, can I run it strait or do ya'll cut it with Diesel, if so what percentage? -Paul

srodocker

Congrats on the deuce looks like a decent grab. How much you pay for the package?

Whats that big ass monster truck thing in one of the shops i see...

Ridgerunner

Congrats on the deuce looks like a decent grab. How much you pay for the package?

Whats that big ass monster truck thing in one of the shops i see...

I drove the Deuce and trailer home for $3200. I don't know if that's good or bad, but that's what I got into it.

"The thing in the barn?"

Thats my mud bogger that I put the 2 1/2ton axles under, that came out of my first Deuce.

maybefixit

You might take a look at the TM's (Technical Manuals) in the Resources, I don't own a Deuce but I think there is a emergency stop available. The emergency stop will not allow the engine to restart without manually resetting the lever under the hood.

You may also be able to find the lever that the service shutoff is supposed to trip, and shut the motor off by raising the hood, then pushing the lever directly.

Someone else may be able to clarify that better - I'm talking from what I remember reading on the forums. Enjoy the truck!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You might take a look at the TM's (Technical Manuals) in the Resources, I don't own a Deuce but I think there is a emergency stop available. The emergency stop will not allow the engine to restart without manually resetting the lever under the hood.

You may also be able to find the lever that the service shutoff is supposed to trip, and shut the motor off by raising the hood, then pushing the lever directly.

Someone else may be able to clarify that better - I'm talking from what I remember reading on the forums. Enjoy the truck!
The emergency stop you refer to is only on the M809 series 5 tons.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks