• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Value assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

996owner2021

I tend to agree with BLK, you should probably not be doing upgrades if you only plan on selling it, the upgrades will probably cost more than the gain in re-sale value especially if you count your own time involved, if it runs and drives it will sell.
It does both. Crossing fingers . Wish me well!

springer1981

IMO, your truck is a very basic model with no frills or extras. I would agree with the rest here that investing more money on other parts will not get you any gains. If you plan to sell it then sell it the way it is. If you plan to keep it then expect to put lots of money and time into it with no expectation of a return on your investment.

My guess is the way it sits now, 8 bolt wheels, 2 man soft doors, no rear bumper, no winch, no spare tire carrier etc. (again no frills), I would say $12,000 and someone would probably buy it. I wouldn't pay that for it but someone probably would. There is an old saying "It's worth what someone would pay". You could ask $20,000 and see where it goes. Good Luck

996owner2021

IMO, your truck is a very basic model with no frills or extras. I would agree with the rest here that investing more money on other parts will not get you any gains. If you plan to sell it then sell it the way it is. If you plan to keep it then expect to put lots of money and time into it with no expectation of a return on your investment.

My guess is the way it sits now, 8 bolt wheels, 2 man soft doors, no rear bumper, no winch, no spare tire carrier etc. (again no frills), I would say $12,000 and someone would probably buy it. I wouldn't pay that for it but someone probably would. There is an old saying "It's worth what someone would pay". You could ask $20,000 and see where it goes. Good Luck
Basic to a T my man. The accessories to make the "frills" aren't worth the money to me because I honestly won't take this thing off road, have had a winch on my jeep and maybe have used it once, and the spare tire carrier, lol, I can barely see out the back the way it is, so I would have no Interest in making things even harder. This said, I do appreciate the comments.

Action

Have to ask as you weren't very specific; What?
You have radial tires on rims designed for bias ply tires. The angles where the meet are nit the same.
And,i believe your rims are not supposed to hold up to the max psi printed on the tires. So if you sell it and the new owner reads 50 psi on the sidewall and inflates to 50. Who is liable in the event of an accident from the wheel studs breaking? I know the phrase “as is”. But now you know they are a safety issue. You may want to fix it or disclose to buyer.
I would guess $10k - $12k.

Action

Bought it on a whim. It's a conversation piece to me and thats about it.
Going to sell and go for civilian alpha. I do travel for defense industry from time to time and need some luxuries and capabilities i.e hwy speeds, power, etc etc. Plus I do know that shouldn't have a real hard time flipping that after some time.
Seems odd to be concerned about price on a $10,000 humvee that you want to sell to buy a $200,000 *+ H1 Alpha.
* based on price of trucks listed for sale.

996owner2021

You have radial tires on rims designed for bias ply tires. The angles where the meet are nit the same.
And,i believe your rims are not supposed to hold up to the max psi printed on the tires. So if you sell it and the new owner reads 50 psi on the sidewall and inflates to 50. Who is liable in the event of an accident from the wheel studs breaking? I know the phrase “as is”. But now you know they are a safety issue. You may want to fix it or disclose to buyer.
I would guess $10k - $12k.
This is why holding companies for assets like these are key for liability purposes. As is, happy to educate and disclose, but from that point, buyer assumes all risk.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
value on these is a tricky thing.
There is kelley blue book on them.
Basic model older trucks can sell for between $6k and $18k, depending on location and condition.

As there is nothing special about your truck, but seems in decent condition, I'd say it's likely to bring in $10-14k open market, but could possibly bring more if you aren't in a hurry, or less if you are.

the limited supply has been causing the prices to go up the past couple years, along with inflation and everything else.

If it were mine to sell, I'd probably put !15-18k as asking price, and see what kinds of offers I get.

996owner2021

value on these is a tricky thing.
There is kelley blue book on them.
Basic model older trucks can sell for between $6k and $18k, depending on location and condition.

As there is nothing special about your truck, but seems in decent condition, I'd say it's likely to bring in $10-14k open market, but could possibly bring more if you aren't in a hurry, or less if you are.

the limited supply has been causing the prices to go up the past couple years, along with inflation and everything else.

If it were mine to sell, I'd probably put !15-18k as asking price, and see what kinds of offers I get.
Thanks man. Much appreciated. Nice to read a reply that doesn't totally crap on situation or modifications. Truly appreciated as it's the response or type of that I was hoping to receive

996owner2021

Seems odd to be concerned about price on a $10,000 humvee that you want to sell to buy a $200,000 *+ H1 Alpha.
* based on price of trucks listed for sale.
Thanks for response. As mentioned, I thought it would be same experience and as any other guy with Financials means or not, I'm not looking to lose money on this thing.

springer1981

Thanks man. Much appreciated. Nice to read a reply that doesn't totally crap on situation or modifications. Truly appreciated as it's the response or type of that I was hoping to receive
FYI to clarify I wasn't crapping on anything, gave you an honest answer to your question with what I thought was a fair market value. I see LOTS of them for sale on FB HMMWV Swap Meet group and some are outrageously priced and others are reasonable and actually sell.

996owner2021

Thanks for response. As mentioned, I thought it would be same experience and as any other guy with Financials means or not, I'm not looking to lose money on this thing.
And I'll add this,
FYI to clarify I wasn't crapping on anything, gave you an honest answer to your question with what I thought was a fair market value. I see LOTS of them for sale on FB HMMWV Swap Meet group and some are outrageously priced and others are reasonable and actually sell.
Loosely typed on my side. Liked response

996owner2021

Only reason I bought an mv was because I handle some shipping for kps regarding the response crows phase 4 and saw one local, had title, never driven one, bought it....you know the rest. Now I know what I need

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks