• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Value of 5 ton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, in the Rocky Mountain region where so many people work in energy(oil field). Most are laid off right now, and the ones working are worried they will be. Many people are saving their pennies. I work at a power sports dealership now and notice tighter wallets.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Being a "Marine" truck (if it has the lockers and other upgrades) might increase the value to a knowledgeable buyer if they want those.

The 900 series trucks suffered the same fate as the deuces when the floodgates opened. The scrap man got a lot of them, a lot were chopped/modded, and a lot of them went to work on farms or other endeavors. Us collectors got some and at some point in time prices will stabilize but it may be a while since they are still coming out the gate in large numbers.

I have a M927A2 which is a somewhat rarer truck than the average short wheel based cargo truck.

But it will only appeal to a limited number of buyers.

My target audience would be commercial since these trucks would be attractive to someone that wanted to put a custom spreader bed or some other such application on them (they have a longer wheel base and reinforced frame).

The other side of the coin is that I paid more for the truck and I may have to wait for just the right buyer (if I wanted to sell) to make a profit or at least recoup my investment.

If you can bide your time you can usually get a reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.