• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Value of an xm211/ect

Ashley P

I was offered a trade for my 53 xm211. That got me to thinking about it's value. Could you folks give me opinions or tell me what you gave for your trucks of similar vintage? I gave $1700 and had NO brakes and no carb.

FWIW, my truck is modified with a small block chevy, manual 4 speed, dump bed, vacuum over hydraulic brakes. I've "repaired" the brakes (2 axles have some stopping power). It needs a winch cable, radiator that holds water, gas tank lining, lights rewired... I'd better stop the list now before I wear out the keyboard.

Trade would be for a well worn 96 Dodge 1 ton dually, 4x4, 350k miles, bald tires.

Shoot me for wasting the time typing this?? lol

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I would make the trade if I could use the Dodge.

Sounds like you still have a way to go to get the XM211 right and it still won't be worth alot nor will it be "original".

SturmTyger380

I agree. Given what you have left to do to the xm211, what has been done does not really boost the value of it. Plus later if you want to try another M211 you may find a better one.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I paid $1300 for a stock '58 M211 and $3000 for a stock '54 XM211. Between the two of them I've got enough parts to build one complete truck... probably restore the 58. With what you have, I'd recommend getting the Dodge.

jdmcm

Alas the venerable M series GMC has never reflected its large following with a commensurate increase in value. Which is a shame because they are incredible vehicles with an almost cult status among fans. I am lucky enough to have 5 of the beasts and would find it difficult to part with them for the paltry sum you can still buy them for. Maybe this is a good thing? It seems the when something increases in value there becomes a point where it makes hard to justify keeping it, not with the poor orphan M series...and that's just the way I like it!

Ashley P

Thanks for the replies. As usual, I disagree with the majority. lol The GMC is good enough to use on the farm as it is and costs nothing to have sitting around. The Dodge would not be as useful around the farm, and would eat licence and insurance for road use.

Now, if you'd said "the GMC is worth $10,000" I'd have a for sale sign in it....

1944mb

Sounds like you would be trading one truck that's gonna require a lot of work for another requiring work-potentially. It would matter most what you needed-are you needing the dodge for something or is it just an opportunity? While the G749 might not be worth much, having one with a dump box would tend to raise the value to the right person I would think. As a MV enthuasist I would find it hard to part with the old GMC. Ive got a m211 I paid $900 for and a M-207 that I paid $300 for.

Ashley P

The Dodge is Cummins powered. That engine is 9/10ths of my interest in that truck. But I don't think it would be as useful for my "farm" as the 6x6 with dump bed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks