• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Value of CTIS on M35A3

tobyS

I've read threads about CTIS until it blends together, but I have a question.

I bought an A3 to fix up and sell and the CTIS will require some work, especially on the wheels. I prefer simplicity and don't need the CTIS but what about a person buying the truck?

It's low miles but does not look like it's had much TLC. Two tires are chronically flat and the CTIS won't air them up all the way. I hear leaks and see a bunch of quick connect fittings, so at a minimum will need to re-plumb places.

I'm about to go through and replace the valve seals and o-rings, wheel by wheel. Now I have to decide if I stay with the CTIS. I can remove them and put on stems that I got with Henderson MRAP wheels that are much simpler and fit the A3 wheel. I'd be doing away with the cover and items mounted on the wheels, including the weight. I will paint them black and the truck is tan.

So I want to know your opinion of an actual number... a monetary value that you would put on a working CTIS system versus one that's use was discontinued, plugged, but left in place.

Is it worth $10 or $1000 to the "average" person that actually buys an A3 to have a working CTIS?

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I were a perspective A3 buyer, I would be relieved to see that someone had already removed the CTIS in a workman like manor & would consider it a PLUS, in favor of buying the truck & meeting the seller's price!

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
YUP , crap system for sure ! The quad rings are a killer and very hard to find ! forget the inner wheel bearing !!!! I agree completely with the other posts . I took off the CTIS on my A3 and made it into the A2 setup . I do not think it would impact the price at all as most of time it does not work .

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I were going to buy your truck and I were NOT in any way knowledgeable about the CTIS system I would think that this sounded like the BEST system that was ever invented and would be wanting to put it on my pickup! To such a naive person such as this you may have a problem selling your truck to WITHOUT CTIS!
If I, as in ME were buying your truck or for that matter ANYBODY who know anything about about these trucks and the extreme complications and cost that CTIS involves your truck is worth MORE by having it completely deactivated and preferably GONE!

Karl

tobyS

Thanks for all the input. This is a hard decision, as the potential customer is probably not going to be as savvy to the problems as SS readers. I think I have a way to solve the problem of putting in new stems and still connecting it. I'll see if I can get pictures tomorrow.

Personally, I don't need it and it sure is a maintenance issue.

Last edited: