• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Value of untested MEP-016B voltage regulator?

derf

I have an extra VR for a MEP-016B. I still have another gen set to start/test but I was wondering what an untested VR is worth? And, what about a verified working VR?
As I get everything sorted and tested I'll start listing extra parts on ebay and in the classifieds. I just can't seem to find a source for used or core VRs. Also, I can probably fix bad units if I can get enough of them and if there is a demand.

wassbiplane

Hi derf,
You'll have to find a replacement comparator for the teledyne-philbrick SQ-10A IC--they're
available for $350.00--some will ****er down to $250.00 but there should be a newer substitution for that. part.(the original SQ 10A's were assembled in the little plastic box with discrete components & then potted in pookie.--I haven't had enough time to sort thru all the available VC's & try one.. Do you have the schematic? an absolute necessity--I can send you the pdf file if you wanna keep trying. wassbiplane

derf

I have two untested MEP-701As and two extra VRs. I hope to have everything tested in a week or two.

wassbiplane

Dear forum monitor,moderator, or whatever

When I used the word ****er in my previous post, the most common definition of the word is to haggle,or barter,-- probably just different connotations in different areas of this Great Country of ours!

Sincerely

Jerry

Last edited:

wassbiplane

OH--I see, you have a word checker that removes some groups of letters deemed offensive--
(It edited my last reply instantly, so I assumed it was automatic.).Lets see---well, I can't think of another word with those 4 letters together in it --they all change the 4th letter-- dictate,interdict,dictionary-----etc----Jerry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks