• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Value of untested MEP-016B voltage regulator?

derf

I have an extra VR for a MEP-016B. I still have another gen set to start/test but I was wondering what an untested VR is worth? And, what about a verified working VR?
As I get everything sorted and tested I'll start listing extra parts on ebay and in the classifieds. I just can't seem to find a source for used or core VRs. Also, I can probably fix bad units if I can get enough of them and if there is a demand.

wassbiplane

Hi derf,
You'll have to find a replacement comparator for the teledyne-philbrick SQ-10A IC--they're
available for $350.00--some will ****er down to $250.00 but there should be a newer substitution for that. part.(the original SQ 10A's were assembled in the little plastic box with discrete components & then potted in pookie.--I haven't had enough time to sort thru all the available VC's & try one.. Do you have the schematic? an absolute necessity--I can send you the pdf file if you wanna keep trying. wassbiplane

derf

I have two untested MEP-701As and two extra VRs. I hope to have everything tested in a week or two.

wassbiplane

Dear forum monitor,moderator, or whatever

When I used the word ****er in my previous post, the most common definition of the word is to haggle,or barter,-- probably just different connotations in different areas of this Great Country of ours!

Sincerely

Jerry

Last edited:

wassbiplane

OH--I see, you have a word checker that removes some groups of letters deemed offensive--
(It edited my last reply instantly, so I assumed it was automatic.).Lets see---well, I can't think of another word with those 4 letters together in it --they all change the 4th letter-- dictate,interdict,dictionary-----etc----Jerry