• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Valve next to radiator

ida34

If it is brass then it is probably the oil sampling valve. Not all of them had it. It should connect to the oil cooler line.

Jeeperjoe

Anyone know the nsn or even better a civy replacement part number mine leaks maybe a class 1 leak but a leak none the less...

Sorry to rez a dead post but hey that's what search is for

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a couple antenna brackets from a local guy that was parting out his burned up M1009. He said his oil sampling line suddenly burst and sprayed oil onto the exhaust manifold, creating a fire that destroyed his vehicle.

He advised me to remove mine, which I didn't do for a couple years. It's off now; I just pulled the adapter out of the cooler line and reconnected the two ends.

Jeeperjoe

I bought a couple antenna brackets from a local guy that was parting out his burned up M1009. He said his oil sampling line suddenly burst and sprayed oil onto the exhaust manifold, creating a fire that destroyed his vehicle.

He advised me to remove mine, which I didn't do for a couple years. It's off now; I just pulled the adapter out of the cooler line and reconnected the two ends.
Interesting so his engine built enough pressure to blow a steel line hmm

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting so his engine built enough pressure to blow a steel line hmm
By line I mean the system of lines, valves, adapter, and cap that comprises the assembly. To believe the engine "built up" enough pressure to blow open a steel line would be uh... shall we say, silly. It didn't happen to me; I merely reported what I was told by a (former) M1009 owner.

Jeeperjoe

By line I mean the system of lines, valves, adapter, and cap that comprises the assembly. To believe the engine "built up" enough pressure to blow open a steel line would be uh... shall we say, silly. It didn't happen to me; I merely reported what I was told by a (former) M1009 owner.
Fair enough... I kinda like the ability to sample oil if I want to have it tested not sure if i would actually use it or not though, something to consider