• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Valve under dash question

panzerjunky

Hello
I have a brass plug valve mounted to the fire wall on the passenger side of the truck with a copper line running to it. My TM. says it is an aux air valve for blowing off filters and filling tires beach toys ect. My question is what do you hook to it as it has 2 threaded ports is there some kind of an issued quick disconnect that I am missing. that goes to a hose and air chuck.
Thanks Jerry

LanceRobson

Years past, the issue air hose had a threaded fitting on the end that threaded onto the one under the dash. At some point, the hose was changed to a "glad hand" end and it is hooked to the emergency brake glad hand (passenger side) for the trailer connections. The issue hose is 1/4" or 5/16" with an inflator that has a pressure gauge built in.

Some of us want to run an air impact wrench off that glad hand for road side repairs.

I use a 3/8" hose with a quick disconnect coupling on the inflator so I can pop the inflator off and pop the impact on. I also have a pigtail with a locking locking chuck since I don't like lying or squatting there for several minutes to fill a very low tire. The locking chuck also gets me well away from a tire when it's being filled for the first time after seating the locking rinIf you don'y have a GI hose you can assemble one from parts at any truck stop.

Lance

The pipe that supplies the glad hand is 1/2" so it's a lot bigger than the one under the dash (1/4"?) You'll get a lot more done in less time with a 3/8" line from the glad hand. You can use the hand throttle uo run the RPMs up to make air faster.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks