• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Van Sickle Oil Based Paint?

trider

I will soon be painting my m35a2 bobber 3 color camo but while I'm waiting on the bob job to be completed I am going to paint my MRAP wheels and adapter plates and get them ready to bolt on. I am going to paint them flat black. I am unsure at this time what paint I will use on the truck but may use Behr paint but haven't made up my mind yet. I am looking for something I can get locally to paint the wheels and adapter plates. I sandblasted the front of the MRAP wheels since they were tan in color and kinda scratched up and had light rust on them. I plan on priming all bare metal with Rustoleum red rusty metal primer. Here in Oklahoma with have Atwoods Farm & Ranch store, which is kinda like Tractor Supply which we also have. Atwoods carries Van Sickle brand paint. They made it in a ton of tractor colors. I have painted several tractors with it over the years. They also have a camo line of paint. It comes in flat black and is oil based. Do you all think this would be ok for the wheels and adapter plates? Its usually about $28-$30 a gallon. I am not liking the idea of using latex paint on the wheels since this will be an offroad toy they will take a beating.

http://www.vansicklepaint.com/camo/index.html