• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Van trailer tire swap

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thinking about using 14.00 x 20 on a 129A4 that has a different chassis under it, and I think it will be under 13'6".
For me, the 13'9" nose height came from the height of the 5th wheel from the ground. The nose of my M129A4 (with the other type frame than yours) now sits at 13'3" on the M931A2 with the Fontaine 5th wheel. The TSS trailer is about the same.

I didn't clarify in my previous post- 14' is max legal height in Texas. But...
If you are off the interstate and over 13'6", and you hit a low hanging sign or traffic light (that would have been cleared at 13'6), you get to pay for it! If you are 13'6" or under, they pay for your trailer damage. Most of where I take my stuff is off the interstate, so...

Cheers

Csm Davis

For me, the 13'9" nose height came from the height of the 5th wheel from the ground. The nose of my M129A4 (with the other type frame than yours) now sits at 13'3" on the M931A2 with the Fontaine 5th wheel. The TSS trailer is about the same.

I didn't clarify in my previous post- 14' is max legal height in Texas. But...
If you are off the interstate and over 13'6", and you hit a low hanging sign or traffic light (that would have been cleared at 13'6), you get to pay for it! If you are 13'6" or under, they pay for your trailer damage. Most of where I take my stuff is off the interstate, so...

Cheers
Yeah in Mississippi if you hit anything 12'6" or over you are responsible even though 13'6" is max height.