• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vecm-26000

man2112

Hello all,

Does anyone happen to know IF you can even buy VECM-26000 antennas, and if so, where, and how much is the going rate for one? We are putting a digitally trunked scanner in a truck, and we are looking for a good antenna to work across the entire spectrum from the upper side of HF (as to pick up CB transmissions) all the way to UHF (to pick up mil-air). This antenna seems to fit the bill perfectly, just don't know where to find one.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions on any other good antenna (military or civilian) that can handle from roughly 25mhz to 1.3 ghz reliably, i would be open to ideas!

Thank you,

Joey

papakb

antennas

Joey,

That antenna shows a lower end of 20Mhz, this cuts out 20Mhz of the HF band so not very usable there but it would work at a 10 or 11 meter antenna and do your digitally trunked stuff. There are some Shakespear dual band antennas floating around out there that run up to 450Mhz. I'm running an SFB-3512 on the HMMWV now. It's rated at 30-512Mhz so it'll work on 6 meters, 2 meters and the 70Cm ham bands.

Here's a link to their catalog. You'll find some of their stuff for sale around the internet.

http://shakespeare-military.com/pdf/Shakespearecatalog.pdf

Kurt
KG6KMJ

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks