• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VEE windows in a soft top windshield frame

04mustang

I think this a fairly new thought. I've seen people asking about this for various builds but not for a soft top.

I know that these normally on up-armored trucks with like 4 pieces of armor behind the lip of the windshield frame. But in my simple mind it looks like it could be made to work with a normal soft top windshield frame but that the handle strikers would just need to be shimmed more since you don't have armor on the outside.

Is this flawed logic?

Thanks,
Corey

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably work, but why ?
Them things are a two man lift.
One is probably 10+ times heavier than suppl 5/8th glass.

04mustang

Defrost isn't usually an issue where I live in NC. But yes that is the kind I'm referring to.
I may be able to get a pair of them and just was curious if they would work for me in my truck.
I originally wanted to go the route of 5/8" thick supplemental glass and all related retainers, but the parts prices would add up very quickly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks