• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vehicle Banners for Veteran's Day

greg burns

I was wondering if there are any recommended sources for vehicle sized banners that would be appropriate for Veteran's Day parades. A google search did not turn up much. I did not find any listings in the SS classifieds section.

Thanks.

greg

Stan Leschert

Get in touch with your local Legion or VFW.
They have done this so many times before, they might even have a template.
If not, they can advise you on the correct protocol.

If you get no satisfactory response,
PM me and I am more than willing advise you.

We've done this more than once!

And we are getting ready for another ... Nov 11 in Canada is the big one!

Boatcarpenter

Greg,

I had a local graphic design shop make this up. It is not Veteran's Day specific. I told them that I would be hanging it on my Deuce for various military or veteran oriented events and they gladly donated it.
BC

Attachments

Last edited:

196thprober

I put 2ea 12' X 18" with wooden stick, one on each mirror arm, just tape on with black electrical tape.

I do the same thing when i take my bobbed one to the service which is at the local American Legion every year. I WOULD like to find a couple other things to put on there though for that day, so anyone that knows of something ready made that i could order and get here before the 11th I'd appreciate your advice-thanks.

Stan Leschert

The VFW or Legion will probably pay for their own banners, and be happy to have you fly them.
My past experience is to have a generic banner, which does not key on any single event,
as they are much more usefull.

Any advice that you require, just PM me, and I will be more than happy to assist.

Remember, we have done this more than once! I'm happy to share.

Note: measure you bed, and also the spacing of the bows.
This will tell you where you want the tie off grommets.

Talk nice to your Legion, and good things can happen ...
our Branch has found us to be the most effective advertising that they have had in living memory,
and to that effect, they volunteered to subsidise our fuel budget! Woo Hoo!!!

Last edited:

Lex_Ordo

A friend stopped by to take measurements which in turn were given to a local graphic company to make a banner for our Memorial Day Parade. I think that will be your best bet.
Here are the pics:

Attachments

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just recently started a graphics design and printing company, I would be more than happy to make banners at cost for veterans day, you pay the shipping. Depending on the artwork and color, most 3' X 8" banners would be around $50 or less. PM me with details and I can quote you a price. My way of saying thanks.

Stan Leschert

A friend stopped by to take measurements which in turn were given to a local graphic company to make a banner for our Memorial Day Parade. I think that will be your best bet.
Here are the pics:
Just a note, from prior experience, mount the banner a bit higher,
but the bottom of the banner should be even with the lower edge of your bed.
It looks really goofy if the tires a covered by a chunk of tent.

Trust me, it shows better if you hang the banner from the troop seats.
Cheerleaders are quite visible, and so is your truck!

CobraCDR

Nice tip about mounting the banner higher and above the wheels. As for cheerleaders, I think every duece could use a bed full of them (no pun intended).

greg burns

Baner Samples

thtrev2001:

I couldn't figure out how to link images off my local drive in a PM. These are a couple edited versions of the samples that I found online. If this looks like something that could be done, I'd be interested. Since it is Oct 20th, there isn't a lot of lead time.

greg

Attachments

Lex_Ordo

Stan, I actually did that this year. I agree, it did look goofy draped down over the wheels, and the way it was secured in this years parade really did look better. Only problem is, I can't seem to locate the pic.

196thprober

I just recently started a graphics design and printing company, I would be more than happy to make banners at cost for veterans day, you pay the shipping. Depending on the artwork and color, most 3' X 8" banners would be around $50 or less. PM me with details and I can quote you a price. My way of saying thanks.

PM sent-thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks