• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vehicle boarding ladder ?

papercu

I tried the search but came back with 500 posts about everthing but "Vehicle boarding ladder"
I came across a TB that said: "Vehicle boarding ladder (2540-00-641-0187) is stowed in M35A2 cargo truck frame." but no picture or actual location. Anyone have picture of where this is or know thE location? TIA, Wayne

Reactions: HDN

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried the search but came back with 500 posts about everthing but "Vehicle boarding ladder"
I came across a TB that said: "Vehicle boarding ladder (2540-00-641-0187) is stowed in M35A2 cargo truck frame." but no picture or actual location. Anyone have picture of where this is or know thE location? TIA, Wayne

I'd like to see that too. Sliding around in the bed doesn't cut it!

papercu

Thanks again and all is good reading but I'm looking for the correct storage location (if there is one) for the M35A2.The TB 9-3470-209-30 is the first reference I've seen to one. Wayne

Hammer

Jake0147

In the -10 manual the ladder is listed as basic issue, useable on the M185A2, M185A3, M109A2, and M109A3. I suspect therefore that you won't find a reference on how to propelry stow it on another vehicle, since it wouldn't properly be present.
I would venture to guess that it's mounting is limited to the mobil welding shop detailed in the TB 9-3470-209-30 referenced above and that it's mounting is fabricated just like the rest of the shop. Unless it'll slide up inside the bed crossmembers like the cargo bows do. Then it'd only need a strap or two instead of a proper mount I would suppose...?

Now I'm wondering if it will fit there. It'd be awful handy if it did.

papercu

Because it said "is stowed in M35A2 cargo truck frame" I would think there is a place, the frame is the same on all M35A2. I was just hoping someone had found it. Wayne

Jake0147

No more than there is a place already made into the bed to mount the 5130-00-134-4535 portable electric band saw stand. The ladder is on th list of things that are not truck equipment that must be procured to complete the fabrication.
The van bodies to which the ladder is issued have storage provisions on the van body its self, on the rear to the left of the door.

papercu

The 2540-00-641-0187 is not the van ladder, it is the steel 4 step 22 inch wide ladder with the hook/peg type mounting. I'm assuming truck frame mounting would not be the same as any bed mount. Wayne

Robrolson

Hi I'm the inventor of the Swing Down Step (US Patent # 6003633) (Military NSN # 2541-01-531-4064)
My web site is www.truckladders.net check my ladder out I hope its what your looking for. Theres a link to a site where you can order on my site
I hope the Rolson Ladder will work for you
Thanks and Have A Great Day
Any Questions feel free to Email me Robrolson@aol.com
Rob Rolson

winfred

but thats still not a m35a2 ladder, thats a van/box ladder for something like a m109a3/a4 among a few others of a similar design, those are what dominate the search results being the main users of ladders not having a tailgate to drop and provide a step

ToddJK

I don't see that kind of room under the bed for a ladder, especially while the axles articulate. If the M109 ladder too big, heavy, or not wanting to keep space for it in the bed, there are the tailgate mounted folding ladders. They simply bolt right on once you drill the holes. Only one I found was from Those Military Guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks