• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

vehicle recovery

jeepsguy

Helped a friend recover a 5t M934 expansible van from Chambersburg on Monday. We arrived after lunch, signed in with the nice young lady in the office and waited by the office for the yard man. He pulled up in a HUMVEE, looked at the paperwork and said a "wait here and I'll drive it up". 15 minutes later he pulled up at the gate. The truck had started on it's own (they jumped it earlier). It had a full tank of fuel! We pulled it across the street and changed the torn top and had to stop at a truck stop on I-81 to air up the front tires. All the lights worked. We drove it in the rain 170 miles back to VA. I told my buddy he should go out and buy a lottery ticket.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
they had another one? :)
Yep, two not including the beaten to heck 1009 from a few auctions back. Both trucks ran says the auction so I hope they are solid units for their new owners.

1985 Chevrolet D30 4x4
US $6,700
Jan 7 2015

1986 Chevrolet D30 4x4
US $5,300
Dec 17 2014

Attachments

KansasBobcat

Yes, I got the green M1008. Has new alternators, belts, hoses, and 6TLs. Fired right up no problems. Tightened belts on alternators and added 1/2 qt ATF and new wiper blades. Drove great at 65mph Has receiver hitch and wired for trailer brakes. Was bidding against 400 others so paid too much. Will do Doghead relay today. Need to learn how to post pic one of these days. Appreciate all the help and advice, guys.

roveroverme

Banned
Yes, I got the green M1008. Has new alternators, belts, hoses, and 6TLs. Fired right up no problems. Tightened belts on alternators and added 1/2 qt ATF and new wiper blades. Drove great at 65mph Has receiver hitch and wired for trailer brakes. Was bidding against 400 others so paid too much. Will do Doghead relay today. Need to learn how to post pic one of these days. Appreciate all the help and advice, guys.
Would love to see more pictures for sure :) does it have any markings on the front bumper? Great buy

donalloy1

Yep, two not including the beaten to heck 1009 from a few auctions back. Both trucks ran says the auction so I hope they are solid units for their new owners.

1985 Chevrolet D30 4x4
US $6,700
Jan 7 2015

1986 Chevrolet D30 4x4
US $5,300
Dec 17 2014
Oh my! Sounds kinds spendy to me?

cabnetboss123

Anyone recover from fort Jackson SC? Heading there next week Thursday to pick up an M934A2 that I bought on GP. Said it ran with jump and all else works on it. Obviously still bringingd tools and of course batteries. Any input on drivibg it back to ohio 500 miles?
also the site says engine is cummins 855 can that be right? Mileage is 10k

cabnetboss123

Anyone do a recovery from fort Jackson sc? Heading to get m934a2 next week. Say it starts with jump and all else worked. Going to drive it to ohio 500 miles or so. Thoughts
also anyone know what engine should be in her? Looks to be recent rebuild new tan motor but listing stated its an 855 cummins can that be right ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks