• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vehicle Security...Now you see it..now you don't...:)

Asmoday

Just thought I would share one of my projects accomplished over the weekend. "Chemical Jane" was in need of a new wiper switch as well as a new turn signal switch and lever so I decided to tare the steering column apart and go through everything.

One of the things I wanted to do at the same time was to use the security system I used to use on my old '67 Bronco sport back many years ago which always had a ragtop. I may run a soft top on the CUCV at some point as well so here ya go...

Not original buts it's simple, highly effective and always gets funny looks when I walk in somewhere carrying my steering wheel...LOL

Attachments

Keith_J

Still have to worry about thieves with tow trucks. No, not all tow truck operators are thieves but a few thieves have tow trucks.

MarcusOReallyus

Still have to worry about thieves with tow trucks. No, not all tow truck operators are thieves but a few thieves have tow trucks.

Heh. Lost a car that way. Right front bearing disintegrated on the way to work one day. Got it to the shoulder and hitched a ride into work. Didn't want to lose my job for a $400 junker! Came back after work. No car. Checked with the CHP. They said my car was probably parts by noon. In that area (Carson, CA, and surrounding), there are a lot of wrecking yards. Some of them are not exactly up and up. They cruise the freeway looking for disabled vehicles, tow it, and chop it.

Who's going to question a tow truck picking up a vehicle from the shoulder?

They got more out of the stuff in my trunk than the car was worth!

jeeplvr247

My theft deterrent is to always drive the worst looking car parked on the street. My 89 Bonneville make the commute to Detroit almost every day and I always just park on the street, no incidences yet.

chevyCUCV

To mess with any towing guys, always park your truck, set the e brake, and turn the steering wheel all the way one way and lock it.
Lock the doors too.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used to drive an 87 Chevette........best theft deterrent in the world.

The only guy that was safer than me was one of my fellow soldiers that drove a Yugo.rofl

Next thing you know, you will be driving your TaTa's to work

Attachments

iplaybass

now a days you can get a gps tracker for a 169 bucks and set a field around it ... if it moves the gps will text you.... you can set your field from any smart phone...

Skinny

All those micro cars are driven in third world nations that have much worse infrastructure than we do. I'm sure it would last just fine. You may have a problem with the texting teenager about to run you over in a large SUV. Drunk drivers atleast have their eyes on the road...

Tlauden

Along with the turning your front tires to deter thefts I was always told put it in 4wd also, not sure if this would matter for a roll back but I would like to think i made the guy work to steal my vehicle

Asmoday

was it difficult to replace wiper switch?......i have a new one id like to swap out.....thanks mario
Not hard to disassemble...but....

Make sure you note the indexing of the ignition cam gear teeth after you remove the ignition switch before you pull the column apart.

Putting the assembly back together is a real pain as you have to align the dip switch rod, steering lock pin and ignition lever assembly....Not fun.