• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

vehicle security

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
oldman99,

Further, in todays society where a robber breaking into a house can sue the home owner because he got cut on the window glass that he broke to get into the house, and actually win and get money from the homeowner, do you really think that you will not get sued for setting a man trap to on purpose injure somebody? How much do you think your legal defense will cost you? I bet more than you paid for your MV

That would be some place like Kalifornia...

MarcusOReallyus

That would be some place like Kalifornia...

These days, that would be just about any place.

It was more than 30 years ago that a man got sued by a burglar. Seems the homeowner set a trap-gun, and put some shot into a burglar's leg. Left him a bit gimpy. He sued for loss of future income.

He won, and not only did he win, but the homeowner got a tongue-lashing from the judge.

That wasn't California.

That was Tennessee.

More than 30 years ago. Have things gotten better since then? Or have lawsuits gotten more ridiculous?

Oh, yeah, the judgement was upheld on appeal.

Did I mention this was in Tennessee?

Not Kalifornia.

truck1

On my 1028 I ran a hidden toggle switch in my IP solenoid (PINK WIRED)circuit.The average car thief won't take the time to trouble shoot a vehicle that cranks but won't start. Simple deterent,low cost.:twisted:

epitts

On my 1028 I ran a hidden toggle switch in my IP solenoid (PINK WIRED)circuit.The average car thief won't take the time to trouble shoot a vehicle that cranks but won't start. Simple deterent,low cost.:twisted:

I have heard of that being done using the cigarette lighter. Push in to run, pull out cut circuit.

CycleJay

Hi guys...

I guess I am old fashioned, I use the chain and padlock, when at home.
And at home, I always park in full view of the 24/7 video cameras.
(they can see at night too) and every sight and sound gets recorded,
and I have seen the camera views both day and night, very high quality,
very clear, and sharp. No worries there.

At work, it would be very difficult for someone to mess with any employees car,
without being seen and caught, considering where the parking lot is,
in relation to the rest of the complex at work.

When in public (mall, supermarket, bank, etc...), I park in spots as close to the
front doors and where people walk by as possible.
So even if there is no camera, plenty of witnesses around.

I also do not keep anything valuble in there, the only thing I may keep in my truck is,
extra food, water, clothes, belts, car fluids (coolant, oil, atf, etc...)
and a dirt cheap basic set of old tools I found under the drivers seat after I got it home.
(Hey they work when I need them, so I have no complaints...), and one other thing,
one of my gf's bras hangs from the cb mike holder, LOL...

So if bad guys peek in my windows (not tinted), they do not see anything worth breaking
the window for. And the truck itself looks too old and beat up as it is, to make it look
like it is not worth stealing...

Just my $0.02 cents... or nickel with inflation...

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just picked up 2 sets of locking Deuce door handles off CALIBER1 here on SS, On a 1028 I installed a kill switch foot operated. Kinda hard to do even when you installed it so I am sure a thief would be stumped. Always remember a tow truck can pick up anything...!!!

Skinny

Anything past disabling the IP or glow plug system is a waste of time. Both of those will keep a CUCV from starting. When all else fails, anyone trying to get my M1031 will get a 9mm or 12ga right in the back...or maybe the face. Did I mention how much I like my military vehicle :)

Seriously, stolen vehicles is a real bummer. Hope it doesn't happen to anyone.

SGTskully

I love My M1009 and you can tell by looking at it. Any moron trying to steal it has a death wish or is as dumb as a box of rocks. Grace is not going anywhere without me at the wheel. :beer:

MarcusOReallyus

Always remember a tow truck can pick up anything...!!!

Bingo.

I had a car stolen that way. It broke down on the way to work (front wheel bearing disintegrated) and I pulled over, hitched a ride into work, and when I came back for it, it was gone.

The State Patrol told me it was probably parts by noon. Salvage yards would send out tow trucks to cruise the freeways in the area, and tow anything that was on the shoulder and unoccupied. Who's going to question a tow-truck picking up a disabled vehicle?

Truck takes car to salvage yard, and it's disassembled and spread out very quickly. The frame gets trashed. Done.

axeman

they used a dent puller on the door lock,smashed the ignition. drove away. cops found in two days 30 miles away. dana 60 with front tires,optimas,winch and bumper,all fuel, gone. cops said it was placed on shoulder of road with tow truck. bought it back from insurance. looking for mechanic,6.5 nut currently.

edpdx

Sweet low-cost alarm that calls your cell phone. http://www.anthony-dacko.net/GSM-TRIP-WIRE.htm

Just stumbled across this cool idea for a remote alarm. It can be modified to work with any number of switches to close the circuit and begin the 1-touch dial to notify you. This website shows the use of a common clothespin to close the circuit; but a simple door jamb plunger switch or even a $20 glass breakage detector could be used.

The connection to the chosen speed dial number could be streamlined using the headset jack so that the switch can be "jacked-in" to the phone anytime you want to use the alarm.

I'm working out now how to avoid a monthly billing for the phone- maybe some pay-as-you-go plan that only charges you for a call...

Whoa... just occurred to me that the connection would be open for a conversation or monitoring if the receiving speaker is disabled and the speaker phone became the default mode.

Last edited:

Anubis8472

I have seen where the cigarette lighter was used. Push lighter in to start, pull out for no start
I did a similar one on my civy blazer. Mounted a momentary switch behind the ash tray in place of one of the rubber stops. To start you had to push in on that corner of the ash tray door.

For my m1009 I just use a combo lock on the provided chain, maybe if I make some expensive investments into it I might consider further steps.

Anubis8472

For security I just use the steering wheel chain, which is both welded and bolted to the seat frame, the brake pedal club, which basically stops the brake pedal from being pushed down to shift from park. I also have a 24/7 hd night vision camera pointed at my parking spots <of course doesnt help if they are masked>
That's a common anti-idiot feature on most cars.
Does your CUCV require the brake pedal to shift out of park?
I only ask because my m1009 shifts normally without touching the brake.

rtbcoop

If you want more security for your push start, get a wireless fob module. When you (fob in your pocket) are in the truck, the push start will work. if the fob is not in the truck, it won't. Won't help much if someone REALLY wants your truck but it will keep people from just hopping in and starting it. Plus it's just cool. I have an extra if anyone is interested. You can also buy them online pretty cheap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks