• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vehicles needed - KY Veterans Celebration

lstmate

I have been contacted by a gentleman that is hoping to find some military vehicles for a static display for the Kentucky Veterans Celebration to be held in Berea on May 22. It will open at 9 am and close at 7 pm. If you have a vehicle and want to help him out PM me and I will provide contact information.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
After making a quick map recon it would seem that Berea, KY is within 8inch artillery range of where I was born/raised to the ripe old age of 17...then Uncle Sam got me.

Did you meet Calvin Bennett at PF lstmate?...rear gunner on the Proud American Guntruck...he is a homeboy as well.

Please PM me any info you have...just might try to get up that way to see the family and drag Calvin along with some most excellent examples of military might!!!!!!!:D

number9

Just the Deuce or with a M105A2 or A3 behind it? I'll prob have (hopefully) Canadian wheels on it - that matter?

I may be able to make this - I'll have to check and see.

Can you give some more details - just park the truck there all day and leave or is this some type event for people to hang around? Once you park the truck must you stay the whole time, etc...

lstmate

numbr9 I am sure he would take anything..... I did ask if you had to stay all day or if you could come for part of the day, his answer was coming late and/or leaving early would be OK or anything between. I will send you contact information in a PM and you can talk to him about details.

Last edited:

mckeeranger

I wish I could make it, but I"m booked that weekend. (work)

I grew up in Berea (some would dispute that) and lived there until the ripe old age of 35. Most of my friends and family are there.

It's a great little town.

Again, I wish I could do it, but it's one of the few weekends in the spring I just can't get away.

Good luck with your search.

lstmate

FYI... I had nothing to do with the scheduling of this event. I am only sharing information and trying to help find vehicle.