• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Venison recovery vehicle

joediveguy

I finally got to use the boom that I designed and had built o fit on my Safari Rack for hunting season. The Brackets were plasma cut and the boom itself is made out of steel round stock. It swings out over the back of the vehicle and secures in place with a ratchet strap, soon to be replaced with a cable. I can attach my hoist to it, hoist the deer up, and then fold it back onto the roof for easy transport. No more having to hose out deer blood from my cab! The outside can get messy, but it can be just hosed off, or not!

Attachments

MarcusOReallyus

Slick! :beer:

But, ya know, there are these things called, "tarps". Might keep you from having blood all over your vehicle. From a corrosion standpoint, that might as well be salt water. Maybe worse, since it sticks.

jeeplvr247

That is not a bad looking buck. I wish I had some venison in my freezer already. I have a 12 point buck in my neighborhood that is fatter than anything I have ever seen on TV but you are not allowed to hunt in my city :( . Last year he was bedded down in my back yard, during rifle season, and there was not a darn thing I could do about it.

MarcusOReallyus

Thanks guy's, my goal this year is to bag a Black Bear and this rig should help me once I get him!

Heh. I almost bagged one a couple of years ago on my way home. He came out of the woods moving along at a middlin' speed, but boy did he hit the gas when I came around the corner! Funny to watch how their haunches drop down when they really put the pedal to the metal! :mrgreen:

joediveguy

Cool Buck...... and Nice Boom... is it removable? If possible... I liked to see how you have your rack mounted.. What is it? some flat plate attached to bed rail under topper...
I designed it to be removable after hunting season.

Attachments

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is not a bad looking buck. I wish I had some venison in my freezer already. I have a 12 point buck in my neighborhood that is fatter than anything I have ever seen on TV but you are not allowed to hunt in my city :( . Last year he was bedded down in my back yard, during rifle season, and there was not a darn thing I could do about it.
THAT is why God invented crossbows!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks