• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Verify this rear break line hose please

Gunny65

Verify this rear air break line on M934A2

I want to make sure I am ordering the correct air supply line for the passenger rear brake hose for my 934A2. TM info is 4720-01-112-6577 P/N 12256271-5.

The other hose shown I think is for the drivers rear break hose. 4720-01-112-6576 P/N 12256271-2.

Somebody who knows, do I have the correct info?

Prior to my purchase of the truck it had a tire blowout on passenger far rear side and it took a chunk off the hose. The outer weave is destroyed on about a 2 inch section. It still holds air but I want to change it anyway.

Thanks.

Last edited:

mdemars03

Now granted mine was a hydraulic brake line on my M52 but what I personally did was remove the line and take it to a shop that can build you a line. This way you know you get the correct size fittings and the correct length hose as well.

Gunny65

The problem is Location. I live in Northern Idaho, Panhandle. The "local" hose shop, that I know of, is about 2 hours away. Just figured it would be easier to order one. However, I will keep that in mind as it is an excellent option. Thank you.

mdemars03

Is there a big rig repair place close by? They should be able to take care of you since they deal with air brakes all the time. Another option is to call an auto parts store. I do know some stores can make lines. There is an O'Reillys auto parts where I am that is able to make lines. The last idea I can think of to verify the part is correct so you can just order it is call somewhere like Oshkosh Equipment or Eastern Surplus or somewhere like that who sells the parts to verify it. I have not had to change out any air lines thankfully so I personally can't verify it. I wish I could help you out more.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interesting as I replied to this post and guess it went bye bye during maint.....

If the hose you are seeking is off the brake chamber, they are very common standard civy parts at any hd parts store. They are typically premade and come with the swivel fitting. They will come with the collar tag saying they are DOT approved. If a hose place makes one up, make sure they certify it.

check out hose assemblies:
http://www.haldex.com/en/North-Amer...ct-Catalog/Air-DryerAir-Line/Hose-Assemblies/

Most common are 3/8 or 1/2 with one fixed fitting and one swivel

Last edited:

Gunny65

Thanks for the extra options. I will check with the local Napa and Car Quest. We don't have a big rig shop here that I know of. I will start with the local car parts guys and then move on to calling Oshkosh.

Juan-I will pull the hose and take some measurements. If the local auto parts do not make hoses of this kind I can at least take measurements and have one made from a store online.

Thanks.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Napa sells Haldex and can order any hose they do not stock. I recommend getting a factory made hose. They are cheap maybe $10-15 from what I remember when I sold them. The peace of mind that you have a "dot" approved item in case of it ever failing.....

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked at my m923 yesterday and all the rear air hoses going off the brake chambers are just standard nylon air brake tubing that uses air brake inserts, ferrules and dot air brass fitting. All should be available at a hd store or NAPA.

Can you post a picture?