• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VERY Big winch ???'s

area52

Well I finally got around to busting open the crate that had my winch in it. I bought it a while back thinking it was a 20,000lbs winch for the front of a 5 ton. WRONG - turns out it is a 45,000lbs winch!! No wonder it was so heavy. :shock: The way it was in the crate I couldn't see the data plate.

Anyway, first question - can the level wind off of this winch be used on a 20,000lbs winch?

2. Are these driven by a drive shaft off of the PTO? My input shaft is broken and I am not sure what or how things hook up to it. What size cable is on this thing, looks like 3/4" maybe?

3. Anybody want to buy a big big winch? :D

acetomatoco

RE: VERY Big winch ???

That winch is for the front of a M125, and for the rear of the 5 ton wreckers... It also fits in a special frame and is the recovery winch for the M123. I had 11 of them brand new a while back and sold em to folks who were making homemade wreckers and big outback style self loading trailers... ACE

AMGeneral

The level wind is different and will not swap between winches.I would be interested in it as I need one more for my 123E2 restoration.Could you send me or post the part# off the data plate?

area52

AMGeneral said:
The level wind is different and will not swap between winches.I would be interested in it as I need one more for my 123E2 restoration.Could you send me or post the part# off the data plate?
Do you want the whole winch or just the level wind?

I will get the info tomorrow for you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks