• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Very rusty M35A1 pciked up

Duchess

Hopefully the picture has come up of this very rusty gal.
Despite bieng able to see through to the road in places in the cab she whistled along lovely.
She is a very sorry state holes in the window frame, floor, the bonnet too. Major works :oops:
Getting the parts ain't going be easy over here either :roll:
Ain't even sure which manual or even if shes is a A1 (plates states so) or A2 beleive she was sold in 1989, Any help/thoughts on this I would be grateful

Attachments

DanMartin

Wow, I can see the holes from here. Must have been stationed or kept near the ocean.

Looks like it's got a turbo'd multifuel in it by the size of the exhaust pipe. It's probably been overhauled a few times and modernized.

Fenders are easy to find and not too bad to ship (relatively), as are doors. Hoods and cabs would be more due to their size. Looks like you will need some work on the sills too, which can be done by cutting out the cancer and welding in new metal.

You might try to see if you can get parts from Europe...lots of bone-yards in Germany and I think Norway (search here on the site...I know I've seen pics of salvage yards). That might help with shipping at least.

Even if you're not going to start work on it immediately, I would get some rust-stopping treatment for the really bad areas and apply it liberally to stop/slow the decay until you can get around to work on fixing it.

Should be a fun project!

Post a few more pics for us!

Duchess

Very rusty and picked up

Hi Dan
I bet you can see the holes from the US, it was a windy ride back :lol:
Thanks for the info about the yards, will search that as closer to home.
I think she has been modernised and with the rust she was we think after checking here with the VIN info that she was based in germany but several owners ago she sat up by the sea.
Yeah the engine is multifuel and turbo with that beaut of a whistle :D Got to look for some ident around the engine yet.
Thanks for the info about rust treatment, great idea as I think it could be a while with all the work that needs doing.
Hopefully some more pics here
Thanks

Attachments

derby

RE: Very rusty and picked up

What is that lever to the left of the tachometer? It has a few holes, but nothing that can't be fixed. Enjoy working on your new ride!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Lever to the left of the tach is the windshield washer

Duchess

Hi Derby & Thanks

Well hopefully it can be fixed.

Mmmm! Not sure anybody about that lever anyone else know???

littlebob

Glad to see you got one. Figure out what you want one for and figuire out how much it will cost to get it to that condition. I bought mine because it was close and cheap. I have already spent thousands over the last few years trying to get it to a point where I feel comfortable I can take it out on 100 mile trips.
If you just want one to play with and enjoy anyone of them could be a good candidate.
littlebob