• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Very satisfied with jatonka's spin on oil filter adapters!

oldshep

Today me and my dad changed the oil and filters on my bobbed truck. I had ordered the spin on adapters from john last week and got them on tuesday. I guess the old filters had about half a gallon of oil left in them which made a huge mess on the drive way. Installation was very easy. I also put in a gallon of Lucas Oil Stabillizer which takes about 10 minutes to pour in. Also works good in noisy rearends. My truck used to struggle for atleast a minute to get to 10 psi, but im up to 50 or so in 10 seconds! Engine is also quieter at idle now. This is a great product! Everyone with a Multifuel should have the spin ons!:-D

baxter

I should have my primary fuel adaptor the first of the week I cant wait I have heard nothing but good about his products. The spin on oil adaptors are next.

Vaughn

dabtl

That primary fuel filter change is probably the worst done of the deuce filters. I have seen deuce primary filters with two different configurations for the filter and one with none. All of mine have been replaced with the jatonka spin on filters. When you can consistently replace a dirty filter and at the same time install a correctly operating system, it is a wonderful improvement. It makes the water separation much better but also relieves the secondary fuel filters of an enhanced burden.

dabtl

baxter

I just finished installing the primary adapter. I have never done an easier mod in my life.From start to finish it took maybe 35 min I am very pleased with how easy it was by myself now I cant wait till my first filter change and how easy it wil be. I will change the oil filters next with Johns adapters.
Thanks John
Vaughn

dabtl

You will find that all of John's adapters go on in about the same length of time. What will amaze you is how much thought went into making it happen. Very ingenious system on the fuel secondary adapters, especially.

You will also find an increased confidence in the performance and durability of the multi-fuel.

FM5332FF

Spin on oil filters..... One of the many things i want to do to my deuce, i will have to buy the kit when i change the oil in the deuce :twisted:

dabtl

My belief is that most, if not all, of us are budgeting repairs. So, a priority on converting to spin on filters, in my opinion, would be the oil filter conversion. That is critical on a deuce. The rapid increase in oil pressure is the most beneficial thing you can do in a sequence. Thereafter, I think the primary fuel filter followed by the secondary and final filters being updated is a logical progression. That is, at least, how I did it.

baxter

dabtl you are right John has put alot of effort into the design of the adapters they are simply beautiful.I am very excited to do the oil filter here very soon.
Vaughn

dabtl

When you change over to the spin on oil filters, do not forget to put a cloth around the base of the spin on filter for the next go round on the oil change. When the spin on comes off, there is more spill than with the stock filters. Not much more, but enough to make a bit of a mess.

That is, of course, made up by the ease of changing the filters and the rapid build up of oil pressure on starting.

Post some pics when you do the conversion.