• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Very simple spare tire question

FLINT

Hey guys, I did a search but I think my question is too dumb to have ever been asked before :)

I'm heading out on a trip in the cucv (m1028) tomorrow and thought i should probably mount the spare tire back up (removed it to monkey around with the bumper). I can't remember which side is up - does it matter? I tried (not very hard) the other day to stick it back under there, but it didn't seem to go back as easy as it seemed to come out.

So, does the outside or inside side of the tire face up?

I would just put the tire in the bed, but I've stuck a topper on it and will be sleeping back there this weekend, and don't really want to cuddle with my dirty old spare :)

Thanks!

rod

I always try to mount the spare tire with the outside down, This way you have access to the valve stem so you can check the air in the spare tire occasionally.

It has not happened to me, but I have had friends who had a flat and when they pulled the spare out from under the truck the spare was to low to use. :roll::roll:

FLINT

Thanks guys! I've seen the picture in the TM, but couldn't tell which way was up. Must not matter, but putting the valve stem down makes sense.

and yes, the spare is all pumped up and ready to roll.

except for the fact that if you touch it you get absolutely covered in black - what is that like old diesel exhaust all over the tire or is it the tire slowly disintegrating.

sounds funny, but maybe I'll wash it before putting it back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks