• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

very slight rough idle

blzrgb

Mine also has a rough idle. It's almost like a dead miss. But as soon as it's above idle it smooths out and runs great. I'd sure like to know what the problem is.

2deuce

Mine is random, you can feel it in both tail pipes. It isn't steady like its only 1 cylinder. Also the more demand you have on the engine at idle the worse the miss is felt. If you slip it into neutral at a stop its not very noticable. Could it be the lift pump not supplying enough fuel at the slow engine speed? Carbon build up in the indirect injection chamber, making fuel delivery at low demand erratic? I'm shooting from the hip, I just don't know. Maybe I should check fuel pressure from the lift pump and try some kind of carbon remover/ injector cleaner additive.
Greg

steve87

I was running mine w/ rough idle for awhile. i was a slightly clogged fuel return valve on the top of the IP. I was still able to accelerate fine after i cleaned it but for some reason idling it would cause the whole motor to shake and sound bad. I pulled a new valve off an old IP and it fixed the idle. Not sure if that is what is going on with yours, but just a thought.

2deuce

Mine runs smooth now. The slight miss got worse and the glass bead in the IP return line plugged. After the IP was changed it was almost gone, but the fuel pump started leaking. The fuel pump probably was leaking for some time but the leak got worse and after it was changed that took care of the last little hiccup that was still happening.