• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Very useful tool

zout

Not really a direct forum to place this in - but under Body seemed sufficient.

Picked up a Milwaukee Corless GreaseGun M12 - after about 30 seconds I knew it was the right choice.
Takes either 14 or 16 oz tubes
LED light to show level in tubes
Shoot about 7 14 oz tubes before slipping in another battery or just charging one.

Has a sling to help support when under the truck - one finger on the trigger while the other can manuver the tip.

Best part is this baby has 8000 psi - any stubborn zerts either are useless and change them out or its taking grease - old stuff the the WC I am on was a piece of cake and all of them took grease.2446-20-5.jpgMakes greasing enjoyable.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not an advocate of more forums but a tool review forum may be the exception. I've wondered about these, thanks Dave!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks cool. I did get to try my new Milwaukee corded reciprocating saw Sunday on the wood strips for Topher's truck. The thing is a monster. I like all the new Dewalt and Milwaukee tools I got.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have a pneumatic one and I can't believe I went all those years without one. I couldn't even imagine doing a deuce by hand.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a pneumatic one that sits on a 35# pail. It's got a handle and wheels and is filled with synthetic grease. Long hose you drag with you. It's great for a deuce or big equipment but it's a bit much to roll out for a CUCV. I should just get the cordless wonder. Lord knows how much 35# of synthetic grease costs now a days.

jw4x4

We have several cordless grease gun kits at work (heavy equipment operator). I also have one of my own. They work great. A fully charged battery is good for 5 or 6 tubes of grease. Even so, I always carry a good ol' manual pistol grip grease gun for backup.

Does anyone else own any of the Milwaukee M12 series tools? I'm thinking of consolidating my battery operated toys into one brand for battery interchangeability. 12V is more favorable in my opinion due to the fact that they are fairly easily convertible to a corded tool.

Another vote for adding a "tool room" forum, due to the fact that 90% of the hobby is working on the vehicles. Maybe it could be consolidated with the "welding/sandblasting" forum 2cents?