• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Veterans Day Display Clyde NC- Free stuff if you bring your truck

Chief_919

When- Friday, 11 November 2011. Line up about 0900, memorial service starts at 11:00.

Where- Clyde NC, zip 28721. 20 miles west of Asheville, right off of I-40. Right on the town square next to the WWII 3"50 Naval Gun mounted on the square.

What- Bring your vehicle for display for the memorial service. Anyone who does gets a free lunch, a Dog Tag dash plaque for your vehicle (your choice on a chain or adhesive backed), and I will give everyone who shows up a $20 gift certificate to my store that is right across the street.

MDSA

Chief,

A bit far, especially up Black Mtn, but this is the only MV related Veteran's Day event I've heard of anywhere around here, so count me in. I'll trailer the M37 behind the dually. I'd have to leave next week if I drove the Deuce.

Chief_919

Chief,

A bit far, especially up Black Mtn, but this is the only MV related Veteran's Day event I've heard of anywhere around here, so count me in. I'll trailer the M37 behind the dually. I'd have to leave next week if I drove the Deuce.
Great! The M37 will be a perfect fit.

MDSA

Sounds good Tim. My plan is to trailer the M37. Is 10 too late? I am planning on bringing a WWII Vet with me, but the cold may be too much for him. He was recently in the hospital. I'll have to see how he's feeling.

See you Friday.

Chief_919

10 will work fine! The store is right across the street for him to wwarm up in if needed.

Looking foward to seeing you and the M-37!

MDSA

A few pics from the event today. Had a good turn out for a small town, but that seems to be the only place that we get any patriotic turn out. I know that's not always true, but small town America is the heart of America. I appreciate Tim letting us know about this event.

Attachments

big block 88

I know I am nowhere near there, but this is a very cool idea... We have been wanting to do the same here in Topeka KS at the capital building but we are still in the planning stages.

MDSA

Neil,

What happened that it took 2 DAYS to go up black mtn? Or are you just blowing smoke to emphasize how long and steep that baby is. Even in the Dually yesterday I had to downshift.

Dwight,

Sorry you couldn't make it. My wife told me you called. Hopefully we can get together some other time.

Thank God for Veterans!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks