• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vets Fighting MS West Coast VA Road Trip

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still a lot of bugs to work out on the M1010. I did order the battery equalizer so should be able to get rid of the DUVAC. It's just a matter of getting that here and installed and then making sure it's safe for the trip. So far the longest I've been is about 300 miles round trip and fried 1 battery doing that.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pulling the plug on the trip this year. Still too many bugs to get worked out on the 1010 to risk it and try to keep to a schedule. If I put it off until next year I can take my time and not worry about trying to be at the MVPA Nat'l Convention on a certain date. That will also give me the opportunity to put a few more miles on it to make sure there aren't any more major bugs.

I did get the batt equalizer delivered yesterday. Once that's installed one of the major hurdles will be gone and I can concentrate on finishing the A/C and paint/body work.

I appreciate all the offers of help and hope they're still extended next time I try it. The charity has grown since the original idea and we've got "field teams" across the country now so that's a good thing. It's amazing (and sad) to find so many of our troops that are still on active duty being diagnosed with MS. I'm praying what little I'm doing will ease the burden they feel while trying to cope with their new challenge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks