• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

vibration

blzrgb

Hello. I've picked up a good vibration at idle in my 86 model 5/4.
I've messed with the idle and all that but it's something else.
Anything above idle it seems to run smooth as ever.
Could it possibly be the pump and/or injector ?
Thanks, Greg.

GFB

I suppose a dead cylinder could cause a vibration, but you should be able to tell it in the exhaust note. Have you ever replaced your harmonic balancer?

Barrman

Exhaust hanger broken, motor mount, transmission mount, transmission oil fill tube hitting floor, air filter housing loose, air filter housing hitting throttle cable, fan clutch, broken flywheel, loose converter bolts.

blzrgb

The vib definately feels like a motor mount "metal to metal".
I've pry'd the motor up on both sides with a big pipe and didn't notice a change in the vib.
Ill check the mounts again this evenin and the other things you mentioned and thanks ! :beer:

firecontrol86

I've got something similar in my 1009, I'm thinking it's the harmonic balancer since I've changed all mounts(motor and tranny) not to mention the inside of the balancer has a couple little cracks. I haven't ruled out a dead cylinder or injectors either though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks