• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-1 Install Complete

dittle

Finished up installing my VIC-1 setup last night. I have 2 H-161 headsets to go with it. Wired the power up so that when the battery disconnect is used there is not power going to the MX-7777 box so I don't have to worry about dead batteries :-D I have the MX-7777 box mounted behind the parking brake lever for those trying to figure out where it is.

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice!

Was the wiring and plug already installed in the bracket behind the pass seat? If not, where did you get that? looks like an easy way to bring power into the cab.

I'm installing my kit and I just need a new CX-4723 cable (I somehow damaged all the pins in one end) and the CX-4720 cable from the batteries.

I like your location of the C-boxes, I may have to do that. Also like the idea of easy drive access to the MX-7777.

dittle

The wire and plug was not installed in the back of the cab; they came with the cables that I got off Ebay a while back. I got lucky on that buy; you could tell it had been cut out of a vehicle as I had to put an end on the positive cable end. Its just a 3 pin connector, but uses only 2 of the 3. Got lucky enough that the positive cable could reach all the way down to the positive terminal end in the battery box; the negative I just sanded down to bare metal and used a self-tapping metal screw with a star washer. Another way you might be able to wire in similar is to tap into your slave receptical positive terminal.

My wife and I tested the usability of this setup last night and it works very well. We just hang the control switch for the headsets off of the C-2298 boxes and you barely notice the pull of the cable as you turn your head.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice, a little different, but nice.
Remember to keep the mike as close as possible to your lips when talking, that gives you the max benefit from the noise canceling feature....

dittle

If I would have had a single seat instead of the bench for the passenger I would have mounted it all to the back of the cab, but the bench made that idea a little impractical. When the bench is flipped down it hides the AM-1780 box so that unless you look for it you wouldn't even notice it. The only parts you really see without having to look are the C-2298 boxes so it worked out pretty well.