• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC 1 intercom headset question

General Hood

I have a couple Peltor Comtac 111 headsets with dual radio PTT.
Do any of you have experience with these? Are they compatible with the VIC 1 intercom system? I have VIC 1 components on order, and would hope to make use of these headsets with that system.
I had originally planned building adaptors to use the headsets with our HT radios, but the MV intercom would be more useful at this point

chickenbutt

General, I'm not familiar with that headset, but from what I have found out, the latest headset for the VIC-1 is the H-161E. The earlier versions were the H-161C, H-161D. The 161E's show up from time to time and it seems like the current rate is about $60 for a good set including the bailout cable.

IroncladGA

H-161F is more recent and uses a cannon connector bailout cable rather than the older snap connectors. The H-161Fs are compatible with CVC helmet bailout cables. I do not think the Peltors work on a VIC1, but probably will work on a Vic3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

IroncladGA

In my experience, the 6 pin stuff often doesn't work with the 5 pin VIC1. That said, I haven't tried the Peltors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

DREAD KT

I have a very complete British Clansman intercomm system with headsets but also a brand new NOS CVC 132A with original audio equipment. I am investigating how to make a connector/converter so I can switch back and forth between the two types since Racal helmet/headsets in good shape are hard to come by. If anyone has done this already or has some advice it would be welcome. Otherwise I will report back when I have completed it (or at least tried).

DREAD KT

I have a very complete British Clansman intercomm system with headsets but also a brand new NOS CVC 132A with original audio equipment. I am investigating how to make a connector/converter so I can switch back and forth between the two types since Racal helmet/headsets in good shape are hard to come by. If anyone has done this already or has some advice it would be welcome. Otherwise I will report back when I have completed it (or at least tried).
My bad. It looks like it has already been done...https://www.deltaforce.net/ferret/clans-cvc.html.

ATNC325

Hopefully it's OK to piggy back off this old thread and ask a similar question. I currently have a VIC-1 intercom setup with a 4 crewboxes in my M998, running the H161's and all is working as it should. The family will use intercom to communicate and give the kiddos some leveling of hearing protection since it's pretty loud in the hmmwv.

That being said as the driver I usually leave 1 ear not covered just so I can hear hmmwv noises and emergency vehicles etc. I've been looking for a single sided head set and ran across a pair of H325's with a 5pin plug, but it appears to only have 1 plug. Would the H-325 work with the VIC-1?

Attachments

papakb

A couple years back I bought a number of these David Clark 40776G-01 headsets because of their single earpiece design and have been using them in my HMMWV ever since. They do need a mike bias to work but it's an easy job to add a small battery inside the PTT box to make them work. They're comfortable to wear for long periods and best of all they meet Californias requirements that only 1 ear can be covered while driving.

1652630629281.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks