• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-1 with Field Telephone

mm58

I just got a nice pair of TA-43 phones, and for fun, I wanted to try interfacing them with the VIC-1 in my truck.

I connected the phone to the AM-1780 via the LINE(TEL/REMOTE) wire inputs
Nothing was heard on the truck headsets while talking into the phone's handset, but I could hear headset
boom mic audio on the phone's handset receiver. In other words, it was only working from truck to field phone, but not the other way.

My VIC-1 is currently configured "INT ONLY" No radios, and power comes in thru J508

Both field phones both fine and are able to talk to each other.
Anybody know what the problem might be?

Any help appreciated...

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try using the push to talk switch on the phone. Also make sure you do not use the ringer on the phone. Look at TM 11-5830-340-12 VIC-1. It goes into specifics on settings.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks