• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-3 compatability with VIC-1?

mm58

Okay, another question tho...

Re: VIC-1 system. when communicating intercom, how is that done? Is it PTT?, VOX? or can it be either?
And how does one select between intercom and keying radio?

Thanks

wsucougarx

VIC-1 can be either PTT or VOX. It all depends on what you're using for headsets. If you use the H-161 headset then it's VOX. If you use the H-251 wit the M-80 microphone then you're PTT. In regard to the radio/Intercom, the H-161 headset has a switch on the cord to allow you to switch between the two.

mm58

I don't know what the # is, but this is the type of headset that I will be getting...

vic-1 014 (Copy).jpg

Is it possible to tell which style it is?

wsucougarx

That's the H-161. That's the switch that will toggle between Intercom/Radio. The Radio has a momentary switch, so you'll need to hold the switch to use the radio. The switch is suppose to have two straps on it to mount it on the front of your chest (I removed the straps on mine).

mm58

That's good. I prefer VOX. So then, when you switch to radio, is keying the radio also by VOX?

and is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the VOX threshold?

mm58

Oooops, disregard last. I reread your post. Okay so to key radio, you move switch to momentary position. Then it reverts back to intercom.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Highly suggest downloading the manual from the manual section. All it takes is reversing two cables and your VOX intercom could become a Hot Mike Radio. I'd say ask me how I know but it was actually a couple of other guys that were mouthing off about the battalion CO and XO. This was back in my nearly forgotten former life in Germany. Because they were on a hot mike, we couldn't radio them. So I jumped in a HMMWV and drove as quick as I could to the TOC to shut the idiots down. They didn't get busted too bad.

mm58

CARNAC and wsucougarx, thank you for the replies. I downloaded the five manuals. Lots to look through. Still trying to see if there's a way to adjust VOX sensitivity.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks