• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC1 Intercom 4 Man Setup

RJTM998

Got my VIC1 (4 man) setup installed. This is a game changer for communication while driving.

Attachments

SmartDrug

I’ve had an aviation setup since I got my HMMWV, I couldn’t imagine driving these beasts without ear pro, nor could I have a conversation with anyone without the headsets.

RJTM998

I’ve had an aviation setup since I got my HMMWV, I couldn’t imagine driving these beasts without ear pro, nor could I have a conversation with anyone without the headsets.
I agree a headset system is a "must have". Cheaper options out there than the VIC-1 like your Dave Clark setup or even some two-way radios with headsets would be a cheap option. IMO those more modern options would probably be better as far as function and less hassle that comes with putting together a working VIC-1 setup. . However, I have tried doing this restoration with all USGI parts and equipment so I went with the VIC-1 setup.

BruDogGA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I absolutely must have this. Where would one source the components to put one of these together? Read in the operators manual for m1097 that the noise output is above 85db and I don't want my kids or wife to go deaf.

RJTM998

I absolutely must have this. Where would one source the components to put one of these together? Read in the operators manual for m1097 that the noise output is above 85db and I don't want my kids or wife to go deaf.
I got my setup from https://damagecontrolcustoms.com/product/vic-1-vrc-intercom/ it is a tested and ready to install system. You could piece a kit together from Ebay, and the web and maybe save some money but in the end I wanted a plug and play setup. Ruben's does NOT come with a power cable but can be bought from him at time of order. I had a few minor issues but Ruben took care of me and had great customer service.

RJTM998

If you wanted to try a cheaper option you could do walkie-talkies and headsets. The problem with that is the wife and kids would have to push the button to talk each time. While not difficult to do people not familiar with how to operate a radio can cause problems.

For me it was worth the price to have an actual VIC-1 setup.

springer1981

I have a VIC 3 Lite system that works great as well. It is a smaller system with less frills and can support 2 or 4 or more headsets for intercom. It can also attach radios etc. I think typically it costs less in general than a VIC 1 or VIC 3 full system. Here is my setup for a 2 man truck configuration. https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/my-new-1992-m998-avenger.184818/post-2346136

BruDogGA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got my setup from https://damagecontrolcustoms.com/product/vic-1-vrc-intercom/ it is a tested and ready to install system. You could piece a kit together from Ebay, and the web and maybe save some money but in the end I wanted a plug and play setup. Ruben's does NOT come with a power cable but can be bought from him at time of order. I had a few minor issues but Ruben took care of me and had great customer service.
Hell yeah, damagecontrol is a 25min drive from me. Looks like I'm gonna gitRdone! Thanks for the info.

BruDogGA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks