• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Video exemplifies why the public needs HMMWVs

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AM General made the civilian H1 series that used the military drive train, frame, and stuff and just added a 12v system, safety mods, fancy dash panel, and upholstery. Oh, and the Hummers made by GM ? They're just a pickup truck with a HMMWV looking body. It was the GM line that got sold to China - not the AMG military ones.

The H1 ones made by Hummer were made on the same line as the HMMWV MV version and the line separated towards the end so they could militarize the real ones. I watched a documentary of it. The H2 version was the toy built on a civi truck frame. The H3 is the one you carry in the cargo trucks as a way to get home if you have a flat.

Hummer went out due to market forces and fuel prices.

You guys are right that the first batch after award was release to the public, but AMG has always tried to get them off the road because not DOT applied. Now that the "Iraq War" has ended, I hot to benefit from all the spare up grade parts:beer: During my time in Iraq, I made a parts run in Kuwait and found a camp with the largest bone yard from all the war damage vehicles, and man I wish I could go back to get spares. The sister site "G503" has a few for sell.

Here is a piture of mine, its an 86 year model and before all my upgrades it was a soft top and green. I bought it from a guy from Florida.

Army Ed

lol...we have to order via serial number,then report them into a central database the USAR has moved to. if any decide to show up ill tell ya..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks