• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vietnam paint?

Norseland

Hello,

I'm looking for any info or a pic on what some paintjobs may have looked like in the Vietnam era for a Deuce.

I'd like to repaint my Deuce as the unit that my bud served w/. He cant realy remember much other than olive green paint, no star on the door and a yellow crest on the front or top of the hood.

He was a 50 cal gunner on convoys for the 1st Marines 11th motors. any one know what else? or even the crest? Thanks.

john

beaubeau

Marine corps green is what was used. I worked with the 11th motors, but cannot remember the Crest. Ours was different than theirs. I was with 7Th Engs. Motor transport. in Da Nang. accross the road from China Beach. Phil

nattieleather

You might do a web search. There are many vets who have webpages set up with pics of their time in country and many of them show SPC John Smith standing next to his truck etc and you might get some good ideas from them. Cool thing about the 60s is color film became less expensive so many GIs shot in color.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
we have someone on site that does all his trucks in that time frame

Elwenil

Also look for just about any Deuce in the UK. I don't know why, but every third Deuce over there is painted in Vietnam era markings. That or odd WWII markings, lol.

Attachments

Barrman

Mine isn't done yet, but it is Gallespie #24052 USMC semi gloss green paint and the yellow USMC stickers came from Beast here on SS.

I also have my M715 the same color. Sermis here on SS just did his M35 the same color as well. We got those markings from Beast also. Below is a picture of the not finished Gasser and one of Sermis' M35, my M715 and another members, Rory, USMC M813 in more modern camo markings.

Attachments