• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vietnam Painted Vehicles needed in MI!!!!!!

vtdeucedriver

Who on SS is in Michigan or close and is willing to drive to Willow Run. Your vehicle needs to be painted Semi Gloss OD and Marked for the Vietnam War with white stars.

I am assisting the planning stages for a MAJOR event in July!!!!! Interested partys can e-mail me at
vtdeucedriver@yahoo.com

Trust me guys, YOU DONT WANT TO MISS THIS!!!!!

Dodgeman1941

VT,

You are absolutely right, Thunder is a great event. We were there last year for the WW2 battles with our Halftrack, weasel and 37mm AT. This year we are putting togather our TOM 2009 plan that will include our M114. It will be a busy weekend for us switching between WW2 and VN uniforms.

Lew VB

20th Century @ War

vtdeucedriver

Well basically its a well known warbird airshow. Every show they choose a theme and this years theme is Vietnam. During the show they have a mock battle and aircraft of the period fly over making runs.
On another forum for Warbird owners, I posted how I would set up the show and they liked it and asked me if I would help and I said I would since I am tied in with the Living History portion and vehicles too.

So the details are right now, they are looking for Vietnam painted vehicles (sorry guys no cammo!!!!!!). This will be a engagement and there will be large radial engine aircraft flying low!!!! There also will be the wop wop wop of Huey blade with troops ready to save the convoy being ambushed by a very persistant enemy!!!!

I am working on details on dragging the Mutt out there but if not, I am bringing my gear and will jump out of a Huey!!!

boomer

VT,
I just found out what it was, and why I was not up on it (sort of). Again, it's the same weekend as the MVPA Convention- and it's in Indiana!! Unless you have enough pull, to change it , to the THIRD weekend (which is advised and benofficial) most of us will be at the convention. It's too bad, as most of my collection is Vietnam, Olive Drab SG, w/ White stars. Then post war (Vietnam). No old stuff, from the '40's. It sounds like fun, but the real event, is a blast!

Last edited:

vtdeucedriver

It is not going to be held in AUG even tho their web site says it currently does. I was told tonight that they are voting to move the date to the last weekend in July

boomer

That was fast. It's nice to have some clout;-). That would explain posting July. I was thinking that the vehicles needed to be there before hand. That would work out. I will wait for more info., and start letting my friends know, so I will have extra drivers. Is there a quota, to fill- or is this just for Vietnam vehicles?

vtdeucedriver

That was fast. It's nice to have some clout;-). That would explain posting July. I was thinking that the vehicles needed to be there before hand. That would work out. I will wait for more info., and start letting my friends know, so I will have extra drivers. Is there a quota, to fill- or is this just for Vietnam vehicles?

No quota,, I dont know about the ww2 stuff, I am just working the vietnam end. So yes vietnam vehicles BUT THEY NEED to be SEMI GLoss, NO CAMMO, you wont get in the show!!! This is by invite!!! If you have a vehicle and want to go, send me a e-mail and you will be on the info list as they work on it!

boomer

VT,
most of my collection is Vietnam, Olive Drab SG, w/ White stars. Then post war (Vietnam). No old stuff, from the '40's. It sounds like fun, but the real event, is a blast!
The others are CUCV's & Humvee's. (I won't be taking those, obviously)
OK, I will e-mail you. It would be nice to bring tracked, as well.

ida34

I take my deuce to this every year for display. Are you saying they are not going to let me in this year because mine is still camo? I doubt I will have my M151 done by then. Are you rallying for a Vietnam reenactment or for display?

boomer

Hi Chuck,
They are having a tribute to Vietnam. Since the m.v.'s were not camo'd, then- it might be a problem. This gives you the incentive to get your MUTT ready. If you need some help, just order some pizza's. Tell your friends, family and the neighbors. Next thing you know, you will have lots of help.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I've been there several times in the past. At those time vehicles of several eras were displayed (as were aircraft), but only period-correct vehciles participated in the living history portion of the event. Even if you only go as a spectator, it is still very worthwhile.

67Beast

I saw a posting on this on another forum I'm on and would be very interested in bring my stuff down. I have a 53 M37, 67 M715 and a 67' M35 all done in Vietnam era colors and markings. I also have several period correct uniforms and items that i can bring. PM me and I'll get you some contact info for me.

Attachments