• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIN verification

8days

I have to have both of my deuces VIN verified from CHP (California Highway Patrol). The problem I have is one of the deuces has numbers legible on the dash in front of the passenger and the other does not. Where would I need to look to find the VIN for each vehicle? Is there multiple locations so I can make sure they match up? My wife called and made an appointment; but, no exaggeration here: The lady on the phone kept calling them bikes. My wife explained they are military troop transport 2 & 1/2 ton cargo vehicle, but it didn't get through. I am concerned the CHP verifier may not be used to dealing with this vehicle and send me packing until he can research it more. We are going to try to get a hold of the officer ahead of time and give him a heads up in case he needs to research it. I am going to drop off a picture of it to him... But, if anyone has some ideas on the VIN, I would appreciate it... THANX

Desert Rat

PC,
Look under the passenger side wheel well either in front of where the shock absorber is mounted or just behind. To help make the VIN show through the paint carefully scrape the desert sand paint off (with some fortune it might flake off) and then use some black grease on the tip of your finger and rub your finger over the numbers and wipe clean the frame to help visualize the numbers. I did it on my truck and the numbers really stand out.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would make sure the other data plate is stamped with the vin before going in. I tried for 6 weeks to get the inspection on my old duece,left 2 messages a week with no return call or appointment from the only officer that does the inspection at the Newhall station. I gave up trying and drove the truck for 1 year until I sold it. Never was pulled over but at least I had insurance. Good luck, theres nothing I hate more than dealing with the idiots from my local DMV office.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I would make sure the other data plate is stamped with the vin before going in. I tried for 6 weeks to get the inspection on my old duece,left 2 messages a week with no return call or appointment from the only officer that does the inspection at the Newhall station. I gave up trying and drove the truck for 1 year until I sold it. Never was pulled over but at least I had insurance. Good luck, theres nothing I hate more than dealing with the idiots from my local DMV office.

desertfish

Hey Project

I had to sign up on this board when I saw that your one of the homies here in my Hood yo. :p

I may know I person here in town that can help you with the reg on your trucks.

and it would be nice to know a fellow m35 fan here in town

give me a call my name is bill and my e-mail is desertrato@hotmail.com :p

desertfish

Ok OK dont kill me Mr Moderator :devil: Forrest saw that he did not have his location on his post :banghead: so forrest fix :deal:

Dieselsmoke

I'm sure you guys know you have a TON of parts in your area. Dave Walker for one, if you don't know him I'll give you his contact info. GREAT GUY to deal with!!

8days

desertfish, I'll private e-amil you. I am interested in selling one these, the one has only 28 hours on the rebuild.

Robert, I owe you some pictures still. I have not forgot, they will be coming soon... As for the hole??? Backfire??? :)

I would like to figure out the year and make....The one has a legible data plate on the dash with no id on the passenger fender. The other has the vin on the frame rail by the shock. All of the plates for the diffs, trans, transfer case etc. do not have a year that I can decifer. The motors have data plates but no obvious date code. Unless they are like the FORD where you go by the letter C=1960 D=1970 etc.. Any ideas on what year, make??

8days

DR
Thank you for the tip on the grease. That helped out with the numbers on the frame rail immensely....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks