• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vintage Chevy Advertising

idM1028

Speaking of owning a CUCV, if the eco-weenies give you any trouble, you can always tell them "but it runs on 100% recycled dinosaurs. . ." Or if it you own a multifuel deuce, you can always tell them it runs on the stuff that comes out of their Priuses, nobody wants, and is a pain in the a** to dispose of. Which is why I want one. . .

combatmech

I work with a guy at my squadron whos dad worked for GM on the CUCV production line back in the day. Says he's got all kinds of crazy pictures of the CUCV's awaiting delivery there in Flint, Mi. I'll hit him up again and see if he's found any.

niferous

I work with a guy at my squadron whos dad worked for GM on the CUCV production line back in the day. Says he's got all kinds of crazy pictures of the CUCV's awaiting delivery there in Flint, Mi. I'll hit him up again and see if he's found any.
Please do. I'm sure all of us would love to see them.

combatmech

He said his dad worked at the Flint GM plant for 30 some odd years. And I'll have to ask him again, but he also said his dad worked the CUCV line from the first truck to the last. I have yet to talk to his dad, I'm sure that he "touched" just about every one of our trucks in one way or another.....

Woodsman

You know, with all of the new retro cars that have been coming out in the last few years wouldn't it be a hoot if GM started producing a new CUCV as a limited edition? DuraMax engine & Allison drive train, backed up by HD differentials & independent front & rear suspension w/ 4-wheel discs.

I can wish can't I?

Last edited:

idM1028

First LSSV I ever saw had the new (newer?) GM body-style. The little voice inside my head started screaming "DADDY WANTS!!!" Oh well, I'm sure we'll starting seeing them on GL in 15 years. . .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks