• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vinyl cargo cover repair - loops

Kharville

In searching the forums I don't see much in the way of an answer on repairing the tie-downs on the vinyl cargo cover when they come unglued. These are the pieces the super rope passes through. Some have mentioned glue/cement and "plastic welding". Has anyone actually repaired one of the "loops" that the rope passes through on the vinyl cover for a Deuce? Photo below of the item I am addressing. The one in the picture is intact. I have one that came unglued from the cover on one side.

tiedown.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used contact cement to do just what you are trying to do on a vinyl 5 ton cover.

I also added a rivet on each corner to gve it strength and used a black sharpie to tone them down.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've repaired some with Shoe Goo after thoroughly cleaning the surfaces and making a large enough clamp by using some boards to keep everything flat for 24 hours. Getting the surfaces clean is the key.