• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vinyl Cover repair

AaronHorrocks

I have a Vinyl Cargo Cover with a couple of large worn out spots on it.
I was wondering if there was anyway to repair it? I also have a section of a cut up cargo cover that I could use to make patches and glue them on.
Can anyone recommend a glue? Is that a good approach?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I use Pliobond for mine. Make sure your patches are round, wind has a harder time grabbing a round patch VS a patch with corners to rip it off.

Edit, if you have true holes, do an inner and an outer patch.

SignalNco

I have a vinyl cover that needs to be repaired also. I have never tried this stuff myself, but a company south of me off of Rt.81 manufactures and repairs vinyl covers. They use a product called HH-66 Vinyl Cement made by RH Products Co., Inc. They claim the repair is stronger than the vinyl. I plan on getting some and giving it a try.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm surprised Plio-Bond did not come up with a search.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, It did.

Also, see the similar threads below, that should have come up with a search of your thread title.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks