• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vinyl/Plastic Paint for Interior Trim...

hooyahdiver

Any info on matching the interior trim for paint? I bought some maroon spray paint for vinyl/plastic yesterday. It was the darkest the store had but when I got it home it looked too bright in comparison. The replacement aftermarket panels only come in black, I think. Dash pads come in different colors but not maroon. I'm looking for an inexpensive fix. Thanks ahead.

droz

i agree with papercu on this....SEM is one company that deals in interior dye, paint etc. i would look into that and see if they have any local vendors in your area, they can color match if one of their off the shelf colors doesn't work. i have used it in the past on a few of my older chevy trucks with alot of luck

mikester

SEM and no other. Go to the local body shop supply to get it in a pint. They can match a color if you have a sample they can scan. Done it many times. Cleaning is the most important thing. Use the SEM spray cleaner. Then spray everything with Bulldog adhesion promoter. Light coats work the best. It needs no thinner or reducer. I spray mine with a HVLP detail gun. It comes out like factory.

hooyahdiver

NAPA has been able to match and fill rattle cans when I bought new dashboards for my 1008 and 1009. They look factory too.
SU-WEET! That other stuff seems like it's probably expensive (although I am thankful for the tip) and there is no vendor in my area so I can't get it anyway. I'm not restoring it to showroom quality. I'm sure glad you told me about NAPA. I went to Wal Mart tonight and bought the maroon plastic paint that's 2 shades too light. I'll be taking it back now. Thanks man. Now, if I can just find a grille...

l1a1man

I bought some krylon fusion at walmart, will let you know the color tomorrow. I used it to paint a console I put in my 1009 and I is almost a perfect match to my door panals.

ralbelt

My seat is a brown/tobacco color the dash is gray and the door panels maroon. I'm thinking of dying everything so it matches the seat but I also am thinking of using shelter halves to have the seat reapolstered then the brown and OD should look good also.

dskchevy

I did my dash pad ultra flat green Krylon fusion from wally mo a year ago still looks great!!!
The color looks like the WW-2 green .........

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The official color for the interior is Bronze, according to the factory options decal under the hood of my 1009.

Now if we can get SEM to carry that as a stock item....:-D

DXTAC

Probably to late now but I used Rust-Oleum Plastic primer and the Rust-Oleum Universal SATIN for my door panels, kick panels, dash and even the padded arm rests and it looks great! I did decide to go with black though. Seats will eventually be replaced or recovered so i wasn't worried about matching.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hay you can get my mail order through Eastwood or LMC I bought my dash & dorr trim pads but order them they will come the dk brown but look maroon in color.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks