• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

vinyle cover and paint ?

eagle4g63

sure.......you can actually paint over almost anything!!

No seriously, I painted the covers on my deuce and trailer. The deuce is holding up better than the trailer, I use the flap a lot on the trailer and the roof of the deuce not as much. Plus I think I didn't get the trailer one clean enough(dang thing is so big)

eagle4g63

The way I bought it and the after I painted, just the cover.....the rest of the trailer was that way straight from GL. The flaking I am getting is right at the top of the back where I keep throwing the cover over the top and pulling it back down, again not real bad and besides I can just touch it up when I need to.

Attachments

Tanner

There are upholstery dies that can be used on fabrics & vinyls... paint will possibly peel off as it ages.

'Tanner'

eagle4g63

If you really want it to stick....than DuPont makes a product called plasticleen(I think, or maybe plastiprep) anyway comes in a quart bottle says not to be sold to individuals but my paint supply place sold it to me no problem(maybe cause I buy auto paint a lot) but anyway wipe down with that stuff with a green scotch pad and let dry.....wear gloves and DON'T get it on you. It pulls the oils from the surface of any plastic so as to allow the paint to stick. I have done this with interior pieces on show cars and my show truck and has held up for many years(going on 8 with my truck).

I did not do this with my tarp, I went the cheap a$$ way and just washed it and sprayed with the same cheap rustoleum I painted the truck with(like I said easy to just touch up)

ODdave

Rich, Talk to Chris. I was talking about this before and Chris told me how to do it and what to use so it sticks. Chris dose it for a living so I trust the info.

TacticalDoc

any pictures of a tan cover painter green with rustolium or other can of spray paint? Im thinking of doing it to my tan cargo cover but dont want it to come out bad. I like the fact that being tan on the inside makes it easier to see inside.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks