• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

volt meter / alt. issue

BigDuck

when I got my m1009 in oct '09 the volt meter stayed about 3/4 into the green, well i had to rebuild the starter but right before i ran the batteries low by startin it till the starter died, got it rebuilt and put on , 2 weeks later the pass alt. starts laggin and the volts meter reads right at the ywellow and green line, so i had the pass alt rebuilt, put it back on but the volts are still at the green/yellow line, where does the volt meter need to be on a normal m1009?

bikeboy

My voltmeter used to run on the tellow/green line like yours, now it dropped into the yellow, on mine it is the drivers side alternator, is only putting out 12 volts, so i need to rebuild that one. Maybe you need to check the other alternator also. I am not 100% convinced that my voltmeter was reading accurate before, it was putting out 29 volts and gauge was on the line. Hope this might help you a little.

Last edited:

Wolf.Dose

Voltmeter readouts are not the ultimate information.
If your altinators are over13 Volts each they are still ok. A total reading of over 28 Volts with an indendent Voltmeter is also ok.
15 years with a M1009.
Wolf

BigDuck

my front battery is shot im affraid, i hooked the charger up to it last nite and this morning it was at like 10% so i think its a gonner, it was a hawker military battery can i still get those anywhere?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks